Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my 2016 on the road last week and one of the Pursuit only features that was really annoying to me was that the rear doors would not unlock automatically when the driver door was opened after driving. The Pursuit BCM was wired and programmed so that only the front doors would unlock and the rears would only unlock when the door switches were used. Normally this is fine, but since I'm transporting a kid and a dog and not a violent offender(although both my kid and my dog could be described as devious sometimes), I wanted all the doors to unlock. So I studied the schematics and after awhile realized that the schematics did not match the Pursuit, only civilian models. After a few hours of studying schematics from different years and testing at the BCM I found that the Pursuit door lock wiring is split into three sections: driver door, front passenger door and both rear doors. In order to have the rear doors unlock with the front passenger door, as the civilian models do, I cut the wire that feeds the rear doors and tapped it into the front door wire.

The rear door wire is Violet/Light Green, located in pin 3 of BCM connector C6/F, a white/natural 48 pin connector.

The front passenger door wire is Green/Tan located in Pin 41 of the BCM connector C5/E, a Black 48 pin connector.

Cut the Violet/Lt Green wire and splice or tap it into the Green/Tan wire.

That's it. A fairly simple mod for the Pursuit owners out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put my 2016 on the road last week and one of the Pursuit only features that was really annoying to me was that the rear doors would not unlock automatically when the driver door was opened after driving. The Pursuit BCM was wired and programmed so that only the front doors would unlock and the rears would only unlock when the door switches were used. Normally this is fine, but since I'm transporting a kid and a dog and not a violent offender(although both my kid and my dog could be described as devious sometimes), I wanted all the doors to unlock. So I studied the schematics and after awhile realized that the schematics did not match the Pursuit, only civilian models. After a few hours of studying schematics from different years and testing at the BCM I found that the Pursuit door lock wiring is split into three sections: driver door, front passenger door and both rear doors. In order to have the rear doors unlock with the front passenger door, as the civilian models do, I cut the wire that feeds the rear doors and tapped it into the front door wire.

The rear door wire is Violet/Light Green, located in pin 3 of BCM connector C6/F, a white/natural 48 pin connector.

The front passenger door wire is Green/Tan located in Pin 41 of the BCM connector C5/E, a Black 48 pin connector.

Cut the Violet/Lt Green wire and splice or tap it into the Green/Tan wire.

That's it. A fairly simple mod for the Pursuit owners out there.
Where is this wiring located in the vehicle?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts