Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The real question is how much the Charger R/T with the HEMI will cost: $29,995. All models include Electronic Stability Program (ESP), traction control and anti-lock brakes. The model lineup is much like the Magnum. The Charger SE with a 3.5-liter V-6 starts at $22,995. The Charger SXT includes the same 250 horsepower V-6 and adds 17-inch wheels, 60/40 split rear seat, fog lights and 276-watt, six-speaker sound system. The Charger R/T gets the Hemi, 18-inch wheels and dual exhaust. The special edition Charger Daytona R/T will sticker for $32,495. Production of the Charger begins this month. No word on SRT-8 pricing yet. All prices include delivery charges.

http://autoblog.com/entry/1234000493039142/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats pretty wonderful pricing, I'm afraid, however that the dealres are not going to let the cars off the lot for sticker price. Those of us who really want these cars are going to pay thru the nose for them, unless Chrysler does something to stop these dealer mark-ups. Look what they did to the PT, putting people on waiting lists, telling you that you would get what came in, charging $3,000-$5000 over sticker, thats Sooooo wrong. The manufacturer all ready has pricing set so the dealers make a killing, why do the have to stick it to us again? because they can, and we let them!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
In which case, you hop on your friendly neighborhood internet, find an acomodating dealer somewhere else, and go buy the damn thing. I bought my SRT-4 in FL for sticker in Feb of 03. Cost me a whopping $300 extra for airfare and gas to come home.

Anyone that pays over sticker is just plain not thinking. Airfare is cheap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Right, everyone has the choice not to buy the car...

Personally, I'm on the SRT-8 waiting list, and if the dealer says they are marking it up over sticker, I would walk. That may mean I can't get my car for a while longer, but I can deal with that.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Additional 4K, Hemi? Over which price? The 32K Daytona R/T? Or the regular R/Ts 30K?

First comes out to 38K with about a 2K GGT, second of course, 36K. And to answer those unasked questions.

1. GGT = Gas Guzzler Tax.
2. Unless they change it up from the 300C, the 6.1 SRT motor qualifies as a gas guzzler becuase the MDS system did not make it onto that engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think the gas tax in NY is 22 cents / gallon. I wish that qualified as a gas guzzler tax...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Frankly I'm dissapointed at the pricing...it is the same as the Magnum! I would have hoped that dcx would have learned a lesson from GM and the GTO, if you price it to high-they won't come. Hell, for 2 grand more I can step up to a 300c...Dodge had a real oppurtunity here to cater to us middle class family types...not to mention the younger crowds, but they just priced me out of owning one :mad: oh well, my 05 GTO ( with 400 h.p. and a 6-speed) is waiting and at 27595( including d&h) I'm gonna save about 5k vs the daytona...way to go dodge!! You coulda been a contenda! Hell while I'm at it props to ford for keeping the prices down on affordable muscle.(I can't believe I had to say that!) Maybe we'll get lucky and these thigs will rot on dealers lots, forcing them to give massive incentives....well I can dream can't I?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
GTO:
Base MSRP: $32,995 before incentives*
As shown: $32,995 before incentives*

I though they were NOT giving incentives on the 05 GTOs? Seems to be priced the same as the Daytona R/T?

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's a lot of car for the money especiall for 22K with a 3.5L v6. This is why I love Dodge. Value.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my build sheet faxed to me on the R/T we ordered and with every available option it brought the MSRP to $35,115.00 I don't think that is too bad. We should see our car in about three weeks but I am not holding my breath. It is goona be great!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I disagree, an SRT-10 new is $45K, so one with only 1,800 miles for $35K is a smoking deal. Plus the auction was ended early by the seller one day after listing it, so 'it not selling' isn't accurate. Who knows he may have simply changed his mind.

·
Registered
832 Posts
chargershed said:
Maybe we'll get lucky and these thigs will rot on dealers lots, forcing them to give massive incentives....well I can dream can't I?
:rolleyes: Ahh wouldn't that be great!!!! like nobody bought them but true mopar nuts so they marked down the price to like 30 for a srt w/1500 cash back!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
503motoring said:
I just got my build sheet faxed to me on the R/T we ordered and with every available option it brought the MSRP to $35,115.00 I don't think that is too bad. We should see our car in about three weeks but I am not holding my breath. It is goona be great!!!!
Thank GOD I am getting a job as a service advisor for my local Dodge Dealership...Now I can buy one with the employee discount!!! :D
P.S. 35k is still way too much money for a Charger, even a r/t. The only encouraging thing is that the srt-8 300c was close to the price of a fully loaded 300c...a srt-8 for 36k? Now that would be real value!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
SPAM!!!???!!!!
I guess we must be get our rank up to get spam threads.(ekool that's your que)

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I may be the only one here interested in a model other than the R/T or SRT, but does anyone have any more specific info on the SXT? I'd really like to know about optional equipment and a full list of standard equipment. I've found a list of some standard equipment but nothing on optional goodies. Everything that I've been able to find covers the Hemi models.

I prefer the SXT because I commute over 300 miles per week (just going to and from work), and I'd get in WAY too much trouble with the Hemi. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here ya go:
27E package $22,995
27g package $25,995
The "G" package adds:
17" Wheels
B.A. sound system
cargo net
fog lights
leather shift knob and steering wheel
power drivers seat
60/40 rear seat
rear armrest
mirrors in the visors
OPTIONS are:
UConnect 360
Sirius 195
Rear Seat Video 1150
Sunroof 950
6 disc mp3 400
18X7.5 Aluminum wheels 150
Comfort Seating group 1395 includes heated front, leather seats, power pedals and power passenger seat.

A fully loaded inferno red SXT including destination has an MSRP of $30,820.

RT

1 - 20 of 41 Posts