Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 charger and I love it. However I came across this car at the local walking trail and was curious if anybody knew what year it was as I was just trying to figure out what it was worth

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
You think it's a kit car that has a historical plate I don't know this car very well
If I made a kit car out a 70's VW bug it would also have historic plates

Just the rear alone give that car away, the fact that it says Ford GT on the door and GT 40 on the rear (in the wrong font) show it's a frankenstein mess of a car

Here's the build thread, it's a Fiero http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091160.html

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I made a kit car out a 70's VW bug it would also have historic plates

Just the rear alone give that car away, the fact that it says Ford GT on the door and GT 40 on the rear (in the wrong font) show it's a frankenstein mess of a car

Here's the build thread, it's a Fiero http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091160.html
You would think if somebody was building one they would have wanted to look authentic right LOL

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
Good quote from that thread

"I'll try to keep this from becoming a debate over which GT40 is more accurate or looks better. The ASPP kit "resembles" the original and includes the styling cues that I like from the original, but anyone who knew anything about the GT40 would know immediately that it was not one. "

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its executed well for that body type, but the real GT40 is just a physically different car. Bigger, wider, and longer than the Fiero. Agree with Joekd here, the rear end is the give away. The wheels too.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Looks terrible.

Looks like the used the back of my clothes dryer for that metal looking vent looking thing on the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts