Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found the website and it looks pretty interesting. Well I don't have a charger yet but hopefully here real soon I can order mine, but here's my problem. What option does everyone think is a must for a R/T?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dodgefreak said:
I just found the website and it looks pretty interesting. Well I don't have a charger yet but hopefully here real soon I can order mine, but here's my problem. What option does everyone think is a must for a R/T?

Extended warranty.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Dodgefreak said:
Hey Dodgefreak, welcome to the forum. Pay no attention to oldschool, just a troll. There are lots of informed people om this forum who have constructive answers for you. I ordered the performance package for mine, which is a comprehensive and low cost upgrade :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agree with Camero. The Road/Track Performance Group (code AWT) makes the Charger very sweet .... higher horsepower, SRT seats, Performance Suspension, Performance exhaust, power seats, black pocket 18" wheels .... You'll kick yourself if you don't order that package.

I'm sure Camero will enjoy his Black RT with Road/Track Performance Group which will be build pretty soon!

·
Registered
608 Posts
ChargerJim said:
Agree with Camero. The Road/Track Performance Group (code AWT) makes the Charger very sweet .... higher horsepower, SRT seats, Performance Suspension, Performance exhaust, power seats, black pocket 18" wheels .... You'll kick yourself if you don't order that package.

I'm sure Camero will enjoy his Black RT with Road/Track Performance Group which will be build pretty soon!
Hey Jim, glad to see you back on the forum. What a great day Sunday was huh.
Thanks for the great assist Jim, you made a couple people here in canada pretty happy. :) :wink: :happy:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Hey Dodgefreak, welcome to the forum. Pay no attention to oldschool, just a troll.
You mean.................... :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think that the Road/Track Performance package is the primary option to be selected. You get everything in Convenience Group II, plus the better seats (supposedly superb), better suspension, better steering, wider tires, increased hp, etc., for just a few hundred dollars more than Convenience Group II. It truly is a no brainer, and those without it will want it!!

On order, Black R/T, Road/Track performance pkg, just like "Camero's" (in fact, I just sold my 2002 Sunset Orange Camaro Z28 to help pay for the new vehicle)

Ordered July 15

VIN August 03/05

D1 August 08/05

Projected ship date......August 27/05

·
Registered
608 Posts
Penroof28 said:
I think that the Road/Track Performance package is the primary option to be selected. You get everything in Convenience Group II, plus the better seats (supposedly superb), better suspension, better steering, wider tires, increased hp, etc., for just a few hundred dollars more than Convenience Group II. It truly is a no brainer, and those without it will want it!!

On order, Black R/T, Road/Track performance pkg, just like "Camero's" (in fact, I just sold my 2002 Sunset Orange Camaro Z28 to help pay for the new vehicle)

Ordered July 15

VIN August 03/05

D1 August 08/05

Projected ship date......August 27/05
aha, a man after my own heart, right down to the orange camaro, except mine is a 69, dont think I could sell it just now :wink:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I hated to sell the camaro, but I sold it to a worthy individual who lives less that a mile away, so I get to visit. I have to say that I will miss the LS1, but I have several kids, and a job which requires a more "mature" automobile. :happy: In any event, it sure is difficult to wait for this car to be built!

·
Registered
604 Posts
actually i donk think oldschool was trolling.

anyway, make sure you get the option with the auto climate control so you can get auto headlights for 40 bucks

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What all comes in the R/T performance package. I know you get a less restrictive manifold and exhaust for an extra 10 hp but what else?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Road/Track Performance Group
Performance Seats w/Preferred Suede
Performance Steering
Performance Suspension
P235/55R18 BSW AS Perf Tires
18X7.5 Aluminum Wheels
Load Leveling and Height Control

·
Registered
7 Posts
I, too, initially thought I wanted the R/T upgrade (~$1,600) but the more I read about it, the less thrilled I am - especially if your new sled is going to be a daily driver/cruiser. The stiffer suspension means a "bumpier ride"; the modified exhaust means a "louder" ride. Guess it depends on what you're after... I'm replacing my '98 740il and am a bit worried that I'll miss that smooooooooth German ride - I will enjoy the awesome acceleration, even though my current ride isn't too shabby... Jones'n for a Charger!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The convenience group is perfect for a daily driver. I debated on the performance group, but a Daytona came in to the dealer the other day and I checked it out. Nice car but probably a little less on comfort as a daily driver. I've had sport seats before and they do hold you great, but at a cost of less comfort. Hope this helps.
Opinions will vary, so if you have the chance to drive both types, then go for it and make your decision then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
wannacharger said:
I, too, initially thought I wanted the R/T upgrade (~$1,600) but the more I read about it, the less thrilled I am - especially if your new sled is going to be a daily driver/cruiser. The stiffer suspension means a "bumpier ride"; the modified exhaust means a "louder" ride. Guess it depends on what you're after... I'm replacing my '98 740il and am a bit worried that I'll miss that smooooooooth German ride - I will enjoy the awesome acceleration, even though my current ride isn't too shabby... Jones'n for a Charger!

Aslo remember the performance tires have a very low tread wear rating. count on a new set of skins in 25,000miles. If you live in the north, don't even try to drive them in the snow and ice.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The rear conti's on my magnum only lasted 7000 miles.
The fronts were down to the wear marks at 8500 miles. They can't be worse than that.

The seats are the main reason I got the Perf. Group package.
________
JenniHeart cam

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looking at options to order a Charger and noticed that the Daytona Package includes the R/T performance package plus some other options. If looking a ordering the RT with R/T performance package, it may be a better choice to go ahead and get the Daytona Package (if you like the color options)

The R/T performance package is roughly $1600 and includes;

AWT Road/Track Performance Group
Includes 18" x 7.5" aluminum wheels, dual zone automatic climate control, power adjustable pedals, power adjustable heated front performance seats with preferred suede, high speed engine controller, load leveling and height control, P235/55R18 black sidewall all-season performance tires, performance steering and performance suspension.

The Daytona Package is roughly $2500 and you get;

18" x 7.5" aluminum wheels, dual zone automatic climate control, Daytona decal and decklid blackout, Daytona numbered badge, front fascia spoiler, HEMI decal on hood, power adjustable heated front seats, high performance exhaust, high speed engine controller, load leveling and height control, P235/55R18 black sidewall all-season performance tires, painted HEMI engine cover, performance seats with preferred suede, performance steering and suspension, power adjustable pedals, R/T badge and trunklid spoiler.

So to sumarize, for 900 dollars you get;

Daytona decal and decklid blackout,
Daytona numbered badge,
Front fascia spoiler,
HEMI decal on hood,
High performance exhaust,
Painted HEMI engine cover,
Trunklid spoiler
Go Mango or Top Banana exterior colors
Plus 5 more HP.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts