Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - Bought a 2006 Charger with navigation and after trying everything we cannot get an actual odometer reading to show how many miles we've driven. Got a Trip A and Trip B. Sounds crazy, but can someone please help? Thanks!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check the owners manual?

If I had my Charger yet I'd tell ya :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6.1L said:
Check the owners manual?

If I had my Charger yet I'd tell ya :)
Thanks anyway, but I've searched the manual and find nothing about the odometer.
BUT as I turned off the engine tonight, I looked at the speedometer and there it appeared. Shows up when key is off and before door is opened. Jeeze!

·
Registered
608 Posts
anything to trick us huh. Glad I found this out before I get mine :happy:

·
Registered
45 Posts
The odometer should show up when in the nav mode otherwise when it shows the direction, temp and so forth. The nav mode can be seen by pushing the steering wheel control with the N circled which is below the info button. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Bill said:
Hello - Bought a 2006 Charger with navigation and after trying everything we cannot get an actual odometer reading to show how many miles we've driven. Got a Trip A and Trip B. Sounds crazy, but can someone please help? Thanks!!
Hi there, thought I would throw in a little more info on that. You have it figured out, but the day we got our Charger, I went thru almost the same, except we don’t have the NAV and I was stuck with the "Trip B" displayed where the odometer would/should be. I went thru the manual - nothing for odometer in the O listings, then thru the EVIC menu - nothing. I could open the door and see the mileage displayed, but that was it. Close the door and I was back to Trip B. Nothing in the menus could get me the odo reading. I thought I had some kind of software malfunction or something. Then I noticed the little thingy you can push in the next gauge (fuel gauge) over to the left. It was labeled "Trip Reset". As it turns out, when you push that thing, it will also toggle you thru Trip A, Trip B and the odometer. Was I ever happy to find that. After I did that, I tried looking up "trip reset" button, but only found "Trip Odometer Reset Button". Too bad there isn't a listing under odometer too. It would have made it a lot easier.

Hopes this helps out somebody else.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just found this button last night after a week of trying to find the odometer :embarrese

I was almost ready to break down and call someone.

·
Registered
369 Posts
thanks all who helped with this....I've been going crazy myself!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts