Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is one on ebay being sold $3k less than sticker, and I have a local dealer willing to sell me on for invoice. I thought demand for these would be hot but it seems like they may be a dud? new mustangs are being sold for over msrp and the 300c's were hard to come by when they first came out, i thought the charger would be in the same boat, but i guess not. Is this car going to be a flop i wonder??

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
mnext02 said:
there is one on ebay being sold $3k less than sticker, and I have a local dealer willing to sell me on for invoice. I thought demand for these would be hot but it seems like they may be a dud? new mustangs are being sold for over msrp and the 300c's were hard to come by when they first came out, i thought the charger would be in the same boat, but i guess not. Is this car going to be a flop i wonder??
The car on ebay has not reached its " reserve price" yet, which means they fully expect to get sticker or above. If a dealer is willing to sell you one "on for invoice", if that is true you should buy one because thats about as good a deal as you will ever find... I work at a dodge dealer, and the most I have ever seen off on a Magnum was $2000. that also included his $1000 incentive to finance through Chrysler....But really, it is way to early to tell as dealerships are just now getting initial shipments of the vehicle and Dodge is just now starting its marketing campaign. As far as new Mustangs, here in colorado they are advertising them at about a grand off. My buddy who works in a ford service dept. says that they are selling at or just a litttle below last years numbers. Ford says its a success :confused: . Dodge predicts about 80,000 chargers to be sold in model year '06 which is a 16 month run...in contrast, they sold 100,000 intrepids in MY '04 which was a 12 month year. They also sell Magnums now as an alternative to a traditional sedan or SUV....lets see how things are going in mid-July, that should be a more realistic judge....

·
Registered
349 Posts
chargershed said:
The car on ebay has not reached its " reserve price" yet, which means they fully expect to get sticker or above. If a dealer is willing to sell you one "on for invoice", if that is true you should buy one because thats about as good a deal as you will ever find... I work at a dodge dealer, and the most I have ever seen off on a Magnum was $2000. that also included his $1000 incentive to finance through Chrysler....But really, it is way to early to tell as dealerships are just now getting initial shipments of the vehicle and Dodge is just now starting its marketing campaign. As far as new Mustangs, here in colorado they are advertising them at about a grand off. My buddy who works in a ford service dept. says that they are selling at or just a litttle below last years numbers. Ford says its a success :confused: . Dodge predicts about 80,000 chargers to be sold in model year '06 which is a 16 month run...in contrast, they sold 100,000 intrepids in MY '04 which was a 12 month year. They also sell Magnums now as an alternative to a traditional sedan or SUV....lets see how things are going in mid-July, that should be a more realistic judge....
That's not true ,in my area and many other areas,the mustang gt is going for way above sticker price!!! It truly has been a great success for Ford!!They are talking almost 200,000 cars sold just for the first year--that's success!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
JohnnyG said:
That's not true ,in my area and many other areas,the mustang gt is going for way above sticker price!!! It truly has been a great success for Ford!!They are talking almost 200,000 cars sold just for the first year--that's success!! :cool:
The gt is going for more than sticker, but the 6cyl models are not...as far as a sales success, again I know someone who works for ford and he tells me that they are on pace to sell 142000 units or about the same as last year, as far as mustangs are concerned it pales to 1979 when the fox platform car was introduced; 369,936 were sold that year. Oh, how about the highwater mark for the "breed" the 1966; only 607,568 people were able to pry one away from ford that year...even as recently as 2000 they sold 218,525 'stangs...I guess it depends on whose spinning what story to define what a "successful" launch is.

P.s. those are ford's own production/sales figures...you can go online and check them out if you don't believe me :cool:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Your right about the mustang gt vs the 6 cylinder mustang,however Automotive news has confirmed enough orders for a grand total of over 191,000 orders and expect 200,000 by years end. last years model sold 143,000 cars!! I would say that is a success for the first time out of the box for the '05. Hopefully, we'll be able say that we sold at least 1/2 that by end of our first year with the charger. :eek:I know if it was a 2dr.we might have been able to say that we sold as much as the mustang,but I seriously don't think thats going to happen with our 4dr.!! :(

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I still don't think the mustang isn't the big hit that ford wanted... in 1979 there was serious competition from camero and firebird, yet they sold 370,000. in 2000 again, GM had a market presence and they sold 220,000. now, with virtually no competition, a "hot retro" redo, a new platform and more power...they will struggle to SELL 200,000. yes they have orders, but so does the Charger....In fact the Charger is Chrysler's most preordered car in its history, with nearly 40,000 placed so far...The '05 mustang maybe the best pony car ever produced, but with its rich history you'd think they would have a stronger year...just one man's opinion...

·
Registered
349 Posts
200,000 units by today's standards is a very successful car,because of everyone buying alot more foreign cars today,as compared to 1979!! Mustang Races to the Front in Consumer Survey

By: Mike O'Neill

DEARBORN, May 11, 2005 -- The Ford Mustang is the "Most Significant Vehicle of the Year." That's the opinion of consumers visiting the Edmunds.com website.
The Santa Monica, Calif.-based automotive information website reports the Mustang was the overwhelming favorite of participants in the 2005 survey.

According to Edmunds, it was a landslide victory for the redesigned Mustang.

"We can see why," said the site's editors. "It delivers huge bang for the buck along with unmistakable retro styling and a solid performance. Not only can you score a V-8-powered GT for just $25,000, it's as long on features as it is on performance. Heck, even the base models get a strong-running V-6 and a sweet set of wheels. Ford needed a home run, and it got one in the 2005 Mustang."

The Mustang also took top honors in the "under $25,000 coupe" segment, gathering twice as many votes as the runner up in the category, the Mini Cooper. On the overall favorites list, the Chrysler 300 sedan came in second and the new Chevy Corvette was third. :D

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
chargershed said:
I still don't think the mustang isn't the big hit that ford wanted... in 1979 there was serious competition from camero and firebird, yet they sold 370,000. in 2000 again, GM had a market presence and they sold 220,000. now, with virtually no competition, a "hot retro" redo, a new platform and more power...they will struggle to SELL 200,000. yes they have orders, but so does the Charger....In fact the Charger is Chrysler's most preordered car in its history, with nearly 40,000 placed so far...The '05 mustang maybe the best pony car ever produced, but with its rich history you'd think they would have a stronger year...just one man's opinion...
I agree with everything you're saying about 200,000 isn't that many, but you should know that Ford only has the capacity to build 200,00 of them and doesn't want to go above that.

As far as the Charger goes, believe it or not, it's already WAY ahead of where the 300 was at this point in time, and stands to outsell it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Does anyone know how many charger srt-8's they plan on building? Also build date,price,options,colors??? I want one baaaaaaaaaaddddd!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
The reason there are more Charger orders is CONFIDENCE! The new 300 could have been a flop, could have been total crap. Chrysler had the Pacifica (heavy incentives), Crossfire (sloooow seller) PT (old model) and the LHS, Concorde, 300M when the new 300 came out. Dealers were not confident in Chrysler's new product.
Now that the Magnum and 300 are hits, dealers can be more confident in their ordering. This does not mean that consumers are going to follow suit. It seems that Chargers are not pre-selling like the 300s were, and are in fact already available sitting on dealer lots. It'll be a good seller, but no 300 and no Magnum.
RT

·
Registered
832 Posts
JohnnyG said:
Does anyone know how many charger srt-8's they plan on building? Also build date,price,options,colors??? I want one baaaaaaaaaaddddd!!!!!!!!!!!
A blurb in maxum said 37 base dealer told me that production starts in Nov. That's all i got for ya

·
Registered
349 Posts
everyone has taste, not everyone has good taste..Just ask a Mustang owner!!
NO YOU GOT THAT ONE WRONG,ASK THE GTO OWNER,AT LEAST MUSTANG HAS STYLING AND GOOD BANG FOR THE BUCK,BUT THE GTO IS FROM GM FUGLIVILLE!!!!!!!!!!! :D I think I might go for the black or red color!! Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts