Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my new 08 Charger on Monday...LOVE IT!!!! I want to protect the paint from rock chips, so I purchased the Dodge molded mud flaps.......the only thing is they want you to drill the bottom of your quarter panel to hold it in place........:knockout:
I don't like to drill anything in the sheet metal, especially in the winter they use the calcium chloride to melt the snow and the stuff just eats metal like crazy....so....

Does anyone know of any other mud flaps that are molded and no drilling is required????

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Just bought my new 08 Charger on Monday...LOVE IT!!!! I want to protect the paint from rock chips, so I purchased the Dodge molded mud flaps.......the only thing is they want you to drill the bottom of your quarter panel to hold it in place........:knockout:
I don't like to drill anything in the sheet metal, especially in the winter they use the calcium chloride to melt the snow and the stuff just eats metal like crazy....so....

Does anyone know of any other mud flaps that are molded and no drilling is required????
your drilling into plastic not steel.

you will be fine.

if you want another peice of mind. get some clear rtv and put that under the fasteners.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
your drilling into plastic not steel.

you will be fine.

if you want another peice of mind. get some clear rtv and put that under the fasteners.
x2 Dont sweat it your baby will be fine.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I drilled into the rears (plastic bumper) for my rear set, but not into the front as it does go into metal. There were enough fasteners and holes already for the fronts and they fit tight. So far no problems out of mine. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Lets see em !

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx for the pics......
You said your front flaps already had enough predrilled holes so they hold on tight.....I'm assuming you must not of drilled the very top hole into the fender and the one underneath, right?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
thanx for the pics......
You said your front flaps already had enough predrilled holes so they hold on tight.....I'm assuming you must not of drilled the very top hole into the fender and the one underneath, right?

That is true. I think there is 5 holes for the front flaps. Three holds it tight. The rears have 4 holes I think. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts