Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
So...good adrenaline rush, some free tires....think I'd be discussing long term effects and trauma related issues from the horrific events of hearing my charger tires blow out, getting cuffed and nearly jacked up like a fool... :)

might get a few more mods out of the local county coffer that way :wink: j/k

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
"could have crashed....."

Only if you were a total moron. The device is specifically designed to bring a car to a stop in a controlled way - that's why the tyres deflate - they DO NOT BLOW OUT!!! LOLOL :D

I can see this getting milked for all it is worth........ :(

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Ouch that sucks. Sadly people do make this mistake. The day I brought the Bee home my neighbor said "It kinda looks like a Mustang". I'm glad I didn't have a gun :grin:
-J

·
Registered
52 Posts
"We feel strongly about our decision, it was much safer than chasing the suspect around the city at high speeds" Wow, the friggin SPEED LIMIT of 70 mph on that road is a high speed. Please!? They could have had one patrol car come up to it, and once they realized that car wasn't it or wasn't running from them. I'm sorry but thats just laziness.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I can totally see the similarity. I mean, they both have two headlights and a bumper right? Obviously a killer sedan looks like a girly two door coupe if you're on donut overload.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
What a load of chite! Way to go florida.......
My neck of the woods...
I confess it was me in my Plum Crazy Charstang

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
yep, someone's gettin' rich.

lord knows you can't make a mistake in this country without getting your ass sued
Let him who hath never erred, cast the first stone.......

It sounds to me like a genuine mistake - I see no foul play. If this case went to Court and I were the Judge I would insist on all 4 tyres being replaced and a McDonalds meal ticket for their 'angst' during the event. Let's face it - 4 new tyres would certainly put them in a BETTER position than they were before the incident began (I am assuming that the tyres were worn, as there was not a big song and dance about "Oh - my new tyres - I've just paid XXX for them - woe is me....").

You can probably tell I have little to no tolerence for trying to use a situation to eek out more money/compensation than is logically necessary......

Now - had this been malicious, that's a different matter.....

Nevertheless, I'm sure some dumb-ass lawyer and moronic Judge will award stoopid amounts of money..... :(

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Let him who hath never erred, cast the first stone.......

It sounds to me like a genuine mistake - I see no foul play. If this case went to Court and I were the Judge I would insist on all 4 tyres being replaced and a McDonalds meal ticket for their 'angst' during the event. Let's face it - 4 new tyres would certainly put them in a BETTER position than they were before the incident began (I am assuming that the tyres were worn, as there was not a big song and dance about "Oh - my new tyres - I've just paid XXX for them - woe is me....").

You can probably tell I have little to no tolerence for trying to use a situation to eek out more money/compensation than is logically necessary......

Now - had this been malicious, that's a different matter.....

Nevertheless, I'm sure some dumb-ass lawyer and moronic Judge will award stoopid amounts of money..... :(
X2

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
yep, someone's gettin' rich.

lord knows you can't make a mistake in this country without getting your ass sued
It`s a crying shame that is how our country is. Lawyer overload.

Before anyone flames me - yes I have a lawyer in the family, actually 2.:knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

Scott

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's funny how at time of night they can't tell it's a charger and not a mustang, but definitely knew it was 2 blacks in the car. They definitely should sue, that was crazy and very dangerous.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I don't know that they should definitely sue, but the officer might have thought a little harder before slapping cuffs on someone that had a child in the back seat. I agree with the above though. If he'd looked hard enough to see that two black people were driving, he could have taken that extra half second to see a big Dodge badge on the front and back. The ram horns look pretty different than a blue oval.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
1 - 20 of 95 Posts