Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since i have a Physics lab report due tommorow, im going to procrastinate even further and get involved with the Forums more. so the point to this thread is tell why you got in love with the Charger. give us your story.

My story begins years ago. i was very very young and my father at the time was a car guy. he personally was into BIG cars, he wasnt into the Charger, he did have a 72 Charger which was pink and had a line 6, terrible combination, anyways. so over the years i got into cars from him. and untill now there are 3 reasons why i love the Charger.

1) Sega GT 2002, was a game for the XBOX and you were able to use a 68 Charger. i fell in love with the car because it was SOOOOOO good, i was able to destroy anything that challenged me, which led to reason number 2.
2) Amazing looks, i love the 68 Charger R/T. I also love the new one i have.
3) The orginal Fast and Furious with the 70 Charger did have some influence, and when the movie came out in 2001, i was 13 at the time. so ya.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well to be totally honest, I was never really a Dodge or Charger fan. I was really into Chevys. I love the Camaros from the 90's and my previous car was a white Monte Carlo SS. When I first saw the Charger, I didn't want one, I was focused on getting a Corvette, or waiting for the new Camaro. But then my cousin told me more info about the Charger (being a really fast car and all), then my sister told me about how cool of a car it was because she had the chance to ride in one when they first came out. After that I did a little research and it came down to the Vette or the Charger. The Vette was cool, but I love to modify cars, and there's only so much you can do to the Vette. It's already a super fast car. Plus it's super small on the inside. I decided to go with the Inferno Red R/T Charger and it was the best decision I've ever made (car wise). I love my car sooo much. My girlfriend even gets a little jealous at all the attention I get from other gals when I'm riding thru the club parking lots lol!! I'm always getting compliments on my car and I wouldn't trade it in for the world. GO HEMI!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Well here's my story. I was into imports for the longest time. I had a Mitsubishi Car club called Team Ashigaru Customs, which explains my screename TAC. I was a mitsubishi die hard, but I had one child and one on the way, and needed a bigger car. I really wanted to wait for the EVOX to come out, but wasn't gonna wait around forever, and it still wasn't gonna be big enough for a family of 4. Of course I loved the 300 when it came out but it wasn't my style. I saw the Magnum, and had my heart set on that. I was about 6 months away from getting a magnum, when an EXTRAORDINARY event took place. I was coming home from working graveyard shift at 6 in the morning. I was stopped at a red light and I saw this vehicle in the oncoming lane of traffic. Due to the time of year being winter it was still dark at that time of morning. I had no idea what I was seeing at first. It was a completely blacked out sedan. I noticed the crosshairs and knew it had to be a Dodge. My first thought was that it was some kind of Magnum/300 conversion. As that car passed I realized I had saw something special. I went home and told my wife what I saw, and said I don't care how long I have to save, or what I have to do, I'm gonna have one. I then went online to the Dodge website and found out it was a Charger. I went out and bought a V6 se, because I was trying to be sensible. After 6 months I traded it in on the Daytona because the Top Banana is the Charger I always wanted. People who know me and my personality even had a hard time seeing me in a silver car. My Mitsubishi was yellow and boisterous, and my Charger should be nothing less.

So here we are, just like many others, new to Mopar, but a Mopar fanatic none the less.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
36 grand sticker, 350 horses, handles my 6' 4" 250 lb frame, WOW factor, there's nothing missing that I can't add if I desire, and a Lifetime Wraparound warranty.
My last car! :grin:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I am a Ford guy. Always have been, and ford trucks to boot. However, Las Vegas is spread out, and I am starting to get ready to move into middle management, so I decided that, being married and no longer a single guy, maybe I should settle down and get a sedan. Now, I am not, by ANY stretch of the imagination, a blend in run of the mill kind of guy, and I didnt want a blah sedan, like a 500. I won't ever buy myself an import, so I was leaning chevy, which I hate. I had seen several 300's and a few chargers on the roads, so I decided to look at a Charger up close one day killing time. I had no intention of purchasing one that day, and told the dealer that. Since it was slow he asked if I wanted to drive a few. I said sure why not, and he got the keys to an SRT. Coming from a 4x4 F150, the SRT made me sure I would wrap it around a lightpole. Then he asked if I had seen a Daytona. I never had, and he brought out a top banana. WELL, THAT sure did not blend in, but it WAS a nice family sedan, with 4 wheel abs brakes, traction control, side air bags, and the rear dvd for the lil one, so, how could I lose?! Plus honey, it has MDS which helps save gas, traction control, esp, brake assist, and loads of safety features. Of course the second mod I ever did was disable many of those safety features with the flip of a switch. LOL

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
always been a fan of muscle cars and big motors. got into mopar vehicles through Jeep. I will admit that one of my favorite cars will always be the pontiac trans-am ws6, if i had the money i would have one. But, I have always loved the charger R/T as well, I blame the Duke Boys, but hey it's an awesome car. I had an '05 Jeep GC and I moved to State College and the 4.7L v8 and AWD was only getting 9 mpg. When the Charger came out, I became obsessed. I looked at them from the moment they came out and drooled. After lots and lots of debating I decided to get a car. I wanted a car with a big engine, i looked a Subbie WRX STi's and Legacy GT's with the turbo 4 and test drove a few, but the whole ricer thing just didn't fit me, i'm a big guy so I needed a bigger car. I have a 20 month old daughter, so i needed a four door. I have never been a fan of mustangs and i didn't like the looks of the GTO. The Charger came out and I knew I had to have it! I mean look at it. It has an attitude just sitting there. I haven't seen this in any modern car. I looked for a GMG and couldn't find one, then I saw my R/T. The silver stripe sold me, plus I got a killer trade-in on my Jeep GC. I was so afraid to not get AWD in central PA, but after talking to the dealer and checking out the forums as a guest, i bit the bullet. I haven't been sorry since. Yeah, it doesn't drive like a 4X4 in the snow, but oh well. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Muscle cars have always been in my blood although I've never owned one. I've been craving a Shelby Mustang for some time now. My daughter kept asking me if I'd seen the new Charger. I said yeah...but no big deal! Mistakenly, I was actually noticing the Chrysler 300's! Although impressive, I said those weren't for me. One day I drug my husband to the dealership to look at a Dodge Nitro up close(didn't cut it) and THERE THEY WERE. My husband was tired, and ready to leave. I left a trail of drool......I was back four days later, ready to test drive nothing less than the SRT8, since I had done my homework by then. OMG! Now there's no looking back. Im dreaming Charger, and nothing will cure this except the day I bring mine home.

Another story from another wannabe.....LOL

·
Registered
202 Posts
I never owned a Dodge, but always liked them. I had an old friend who had, I believe, a 70 Charger RT with the 440. It was pretty ragged, but still very cool. I had been driving my Jeep Wrangler for 9 years and although still running strong, I was yearning for something a bit more luxurious, yet still unique and preferably fast:)

I got maried in June in Lake Tahoe, and I was going to need a rental car for the week. I had not really looked at the Charger seriously, but I liked the styling, and knew they were common rentals, so I decided that was what I would rent.

I got to the rental place in Reno and said.."Tell me you have a Charger for me."
He said he only had one, but it was lime green and would be an upgrade. I said.."What? you pay more because it's green?" He said it had 350 HP, and I said.."I'll take it!"

That beautiful sublime Daytona was the first Charger I had ever seen up close and after a week of driving it around Tahoe, there was no question that a Charger would be my next car.

I got home and immediatley started researching. As much as I loved the Sublime, it wasn't a color I wanted for keeps, and when I saw a Steel Blue RT with R&T at the dealer, the final decision was made. Coolest car eva!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I wanted to have the power of a muscule car, with the functionality of a sedan.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My Dad has owned nothing but Mopar (2 Chargers, 2 Rams, a Ram Charger and several others) and my Mom has had mostly Dodges so that was a big influence on my choice of the Charger. I just feel as though Dodge makes the most aggressive looking vehicles, whether it be the Ram, the Charger, the Viper, etc...I love this car!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Muscle cars have always been in my blood although I've never owned one. I've been craving a Shelby Mustang for some time now. My daughter kept asking me if I'd seen the new Charger. I said yeah...but no big deal! Mistakenly, I was actually noticing the Chrysler 300's! Although impressive, I said those weren't for me. One day I drug my husband to the dealership to look at a Dodge Nitro up close(didn't cut it) and THERE THEY WERE. My husband was tired, and ready to leave. I left a trail of drool......I was back four days later, ready to test drive nothing less than the SRT8, since I had done my homework by then. OMG! Now there's no looking back. Im dreaming Charger, and nothing will cure this except the day I bring mine home.

Another story from another wannabe.....LOL

Soooo that's how it works eh? :grin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts