Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if when they take out their air filter do you have some duct work leading down. this is called the silencer or eardrum on other sites. my magnum had this part before i took it out and i tried to take it out of my charger but it was not there to begin with. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the tubing going down??? What does this do? I would like my charger louder!

Jason

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
mopar parts has a cold air intake that is plenty loud enough IMO. try your local dealer...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jayman4911, so you do have the duct going down? this is suppose to catch water and debris from getting to your filter. my magnum hasnt had one for a year and is in great condition.

·
Registered
538 Posts
yes I have the tubing going down! I just looked! If I remove that will it be louder??

Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
600 Posts
Trial and error! Take it off and see if it is louder. if it isn't, then put it back on. if it is louder, then see if it is going to cause damage in the long run. running it for 10 min will not hurt a thing

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it makes it a little louder but the car (at least my magnum) felt like it got more oomph when i removed it. there will be no damage if you remove it; it has been off my magnum for a year and no problems. on the lx forum this a very common thing as a first mod. if you get an aftermarket CAI you will have less restriction between your intake and the cool air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts