Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Charger went to the body shop today, to reverse the Little Old Lady in a Parking Lot Mod. :knockout:

It's been driving me crazy for almost two months, and I'm glad it's getting fixed finally. I had a Chrysler 300 reserved as a rental, but today the rental company said all they had was a minivan. No thanks. I used a different company and all they had was a Pontiac Grand Prix. I begrudgingly took it. :(

I cannot express in words how much I HATE Pontiacs. :fuming:

It may sound silly, but I'm gonna miss that car for the next week. I drove it like I stole it this monring. LOL.

So, who wants to let Mr. Flexy borrow their Charger for a few laps while mine is in the shop? :lol:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
430 Posts
That sucks! I'm not a big fan of the newer pontiacs (I LOVE the older ones)...so I can feel your pain. Rag the thing out and treat it like the rental it is!...just don't get any dents b/c they'll charge you for that.

If I get a rental I usually try to get a Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ the sport shift...they're actually pretty fun to drive, for a rental!

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ugh!

I hate this car. Got abused this morning on the way to work by some little pansy in a TT Quattro. :knockout:

The guy from the rental company called last night just to see how everythign was going with the car.

I said: "Aside form the fact that it's a Pontiac, fine". He said I could switch cars today, but I should have my Charger back on Tuesday, and I'm lazy, so I'll just suffer...

4 more days...

Anyone in the GTA wanna lend me their Charger??? I'M JONESING!!!

Aside from the power, handling, and overall feeling of vehicular superiorty, I miss all the little goodies, like steering wheel mounted controls, Sirius, dual zone heating, and Miss Foxxxy misses the heated seats in the morning. It's getting cold up here...:(

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I hate this car. Got abused this morning on the way to work by some little pansy in a TT Quattro. :knockout:

The guy from the rental company called last night just to see how everythign was going with the car.

I said: "Aside form the fact that it's a Pontiac, fine". He said I could switch cars today, but I should have my Charger back on Tuesday, and I'm lazy, so I'll just suffer...

4 more days...

Anyone in the GTA wanna lend me their Charger??? I'M JONESING!!!

Aside from the power, handling, and overall feeling of vehicular superiorty, I miss all the little goodies, like steering wheel mounted controls, Sirius, dual zone heating, and Miss Foxxxy misses the heated seats in the morning. It's getting cold up here...:(

-=FLEX=-
I know how it feels to be out of the car. Went from a Charger, to a Ford Focus when I hit a deer. The longest week of my life.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Why does this sound like deju vu all over again to me?

In June, my Charger was damaged (littl' old 90 yr old lady pulling a u turn) I, too, ended up with a Gran Prix rental. Oh boy. Gotta say the most fun I had with the car was watching the speedo needle zip around when I changed the setting from "MPH" to "KPH."

I feel your pain ....

·
Super Moderator
11,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel your pain ....
I'm hating life right now...

...I just hope my car looks like new when I get it back next week.

How did yours turn out???

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm hating life right now...

...I just hope my car looks like new when I get it back next week.

How did yours turn out???

-=FLEX=-
When my car was hit, I only had about 2000 miles on it. The body shop replaced and repainted the front quarter panel, driver side door skin, and side moldings. All the badges on that side were replaced, too.

Bottom line -- it came out great. You can't tell it was in an accident. Here's hoping your experience is as good as mine.

One thing that I did learn ... the body shop guys at my place really like working on muscle cars. One of the guys who worked on mine came out to talk to me while I was signing the paperwork. He owns a Olds 442 and we had a chance to shoot the breeze a bit.

So have courage ... be brave ... you ride will be back soon and no doubt as good as new.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts