1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
12 years ago I laughed at the Magnums. Now that I have kids and all their gear I could definitely see myself in a Charger-wagon. Just make it AWD and I'm in!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting older sucks, doesn’t it?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Would I buy it? No. (Couldn't afford it anyway, lol.)

I disliked the Magnums too when they were in production, but now I enjoy seeing them. There's a black SRT Magnum in my area, one of the later years ones, 2008 or so, that's in very good condition. Has exhaust, tint, aftermarket wheels. Looks very nice.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Not a fan of station wagons. One step up from a Mother Ship Caravan.

However, that widebody Magnum would make a decent ride for Clark Griswold in a sequel of National Lampoon's Vacation.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks like a mix of Charger and Magnum.
Too 'brutal' to be like a station wagon. This is actually "Shooting brake" class car.
Give it 5.7 or 6.4 naturally aspirated Hemi (to be more affordable), AWD, Pitch black or Phantom black colour - and I am in.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Shooting brake has nothing to do with power, just body style. Historically started to accommodate shooting parties, and, in my opinion, poorly misappropriated by Merc and others recently, in an effort to avoid using the word "wagon".

Personally, I would love one of these. If I can free up the money to choose between HC Charger, HC Challenger , Trackhawk, HC Durango, or HC Magnum, I would go Wagon every time. I'd also be up for a V8 AWD version any time FCA is ready to make them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Shooting brake has nothing to do with power, just body style. Historically started to accommodate shooting parties, and, in my opinion, poorly misappropriated by Merc and others recently, in an effort to avoid using the word "wagon".
This is what I've meant as well.
Same as "wagon" but more slick design.
In modern era they are powerful and sometimes 2 doors.

I do not like the standardized "all-the-same" SUVs , that everywhere on the roads (Jeep and Durango excluded), so the sedans or these "wagons" would be my natural choice of preference.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I don't see it. Sure, the general silhouette will be similar. That's what defines a general body style. And you'll have SOME design style carry over, but these aren't that similar. Taillights are different, bumpers are different, side reflector/light exists on the Magnum, where the Caliber used the side of a wrap-around taillight to accomplish that. If you want to see the Caliber when you look at it, that's what you'll see. Caliber side profile for reference, and a straight, side shot of the Magnum would probably show even more of a difference.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Whoever did the render did a terrible job blending the trunk/decklid of the Charger and the hatch of the Magnum. Having both of those vehicles, I don't like the combo.

·
Registered
274 Posts
As ex-owner of Caliber (2010-2013) will add (although it was said):
The Caliber was called "sports-wagon" - slightly spacier and higher than hatchback, but smaller than SUV.
It different from the car in the original topic (btw, I though, that this is production prototype and not rendering)

Here is the Caliber:

IMG_0505a.JPG

·
Registered
285 Posts
Fiat, show us regular guys with regular incomes something we can (wont ask for too much here) like, and possibly possibly just possibly enjoy driving.

The rich boys have enough super fast toys.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Dont antagonize the good boys at Fiat or you'll end up with their new skate board propelled by a French Matra missle strapped across your back rolling down the road like Wile E Coyote.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dont antagonize the good boys at Fiat or you'll end up with their new skate board propelled by a French Matra missle strapped across your back rolling down the road like Wile E Coyote.
I mean if it's affordable I can at least look into buying it... The way they're going with their cars I can't give them my money.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Fiat, show us regular guys with regular incomes something we can (wont ask for too much here) like, and possibly possibly just possibly enjoy driving.

The rich boys have enough super fast toys.
I always look at the Super Bee from 2012-14, and the optionless Scat Pack's as their "budget" performance car. Not sure where you're getting more for less. Even the Hellcat, in my opinion, is a bargain. No, I can't afford one, but 700+ hp for $70k?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts