Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow morning the car's going back to the selling dealer to finally have some scratches and a small dent taken care of.

They were there on delivery but I couldn't see myself NOT picking up the car, I took it with the damage and had the dealer put it in writing that they'd fix the problems sometime later at my convenience.

I haven't even dropped it off yet and I'm already going through withdrawals ...

And if I get it back quick enough I have to bring it into another body shop this week to have a scratch in the front bumper fixed - this one caused by a different dealer during my visit for the first oil change.

If it all works out, I'll have the second body shop install the painted-to-match rear spoiler ...

Time to start saying my prayers I think ... :pray: :pray:

·
Registered
112 Posts
good luck...im dropping mine off monday the 8th to have the sun roof rattle fix and im sad already to leave my baby in there hands...

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, she's dropped off ... I'm driving a rental for the next 2-3 days, and worst of all, it's a KIA !!

These cars should have really been Killed In Action, like their name might suggest ... what a penalty box !

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing that was nice about the trip to the dealer and back: I got to see 5 other Chargers, 1 black SXT, a steel silver SXT, 2 GMG Daytonas and 1 red Daytona ... I even sat in one of the GMG Daytonas (it was in the showroom as a used car) and I'm loving those R&T / Daytona seats ... gonna have to see what I can do to get a set.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Damn bro, sorry to hear your luck about the KIA LOL

·
Registered
410 Posts
good luck...im dropping mine off monday the 8th to have the sun roof rattle fix and im sad already to leave my baby in there hands...
What is causing that ... I have it too..

·
Registered
112 Posts
What is causing that ... I have it too..

most of the times they have top tighten up the screws and add some lock tite...search tthere is a few threads about it and a tsb...its a common problem...if i have time later ill try and linlk the others post on the sunroof issue...

·
Registered
351 Posts
I hope they get it fixed for you soon. I noticed that you're on the north shore area of MA, I'm in Lowell. I hope for your sake that you aren't having this work done by Herb Chambers Dodge in Danvers. I made the mistake of buying my Charger there & even though I get 5 years free oil changes, I would rather take a $15 credit at my local dealership & pay the difference than let anyone at a Herb Chambers dealership touch my car.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I made a different mistake ... got mine at Boch Dodge, which is now out of business, they sold off the Dodge point to a different dealer down the street and now the building will become Ferrari-Maserati.

I'm going through some serious withdrawals when I'm thinking how sweet I have it looking and driving right now and it's sitting in a body shop, or worse yet, sitting in a body shop's parking lot waiting to be worked on.

The wonderful Kia Optima rental has 25k on it and so far I noticed that the brakes pulsate, the car shakes/vibrates at 60mph+, the upper part of the driver seat powered back but won't power forward so the seat is now stuck at a somewhat uncomfortable angle .... what a piece of crap ...

·
Registered
242 Posts
No, I made a different mistake ... got mine at Boch Dodge, which is now out of business, they sold off the Dodge point to a different dealer down the street and now the building will become Ferrari-Maserati.

I'm going through some serious withdrawals when I'm thinking how sweet I have it looking and driving right now and it's sitting in a body shop, or worse yet, sitting in a body shop's parking lot waiting to be worked on.

The wonderful Kia Optima rental has 25k on it and so far I noticed that the brakes pulsate, the car shakes/vibrates at 60mph+, the upper part of the driver seat powered back but won't power forward so the seat is now stuck at a somewhat uncomfortable angle .... what a piece of crap ...
Your KIA I'm sure came from Enterlies. Enterprise sucks!!!!! They have $#!t cars. Call the Enterprise office on your rental contract. Tell them to get you a full size car in better shape or else your calling corporate. They have a thing called ESQI. It affects everybody in that office as far as promotions and pay. What they do with dealerships is give them a great rate and stick their customers in the biggest piece of crap on the planet. They tell the customer there are no more cars available. Make them get you another car or tell the dealership to call Hertz.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealership shuttles customers from the body shop location to their Kia store where they have their own rental dept ... the rental contract is with Boch.

The 2 people in front of me got cars similar to what they drove ... first person had a Jeep SUV, she got a new RAV4, second person had a Ridgeline, he got a damn Ridgeline so that really got my hopes up, but when my turn came and I say I have a Charger, he gave me the option of a red or a black Kia Optima, so I chose black (trying to stay more hidden while I beat on this crappy little car)

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

DAY 2

:cry: :angry: :no: :zombie: :sick: :cry:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DAY 3

Car's back and they actually fixed everything just the way I would've expected it ... woo hoo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts