Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to see what everyones opinion on exhaust systems were/are

eventually i would like to get a little work done to my exhaust system

i dont want to void my warranty, so i assume that i can only do mufflers and back, right?

also, do you guys have prefrences as far as name brands
i've always been partial to Flowmaster, but really because its the only muffler i've added to any vehicle

·
Registered
249 Posts
Personally, I am keeping my R/T a quite one.

Itll be nice in two years when I have my coffee in one hand, my hand on the wheel, and kids playing in the back while still stomping the crap outta some wanna-be fast car. :clap:

Havent heard of any exhaust components on our cars.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
snoop around over at LXforums.com for suggestions... the exhaust kits for the 300, magnum, and charger are all IDENTICAL....

Biggest trouble with aftermarket exhaust seems to be MDS drone... basically... the exhaust note sounds great in V-8 mode.... but sounds "not quite right" in V-4 mode...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow

i glad you brought that up

thats probably something i wouldnt have even thought of until it was too late

·
Registered
7 Posts
check out zoomers exhaust. I have them on one of my C's and love the growl. Thought damn these would be great on a charger. zoomersexhaust.com i think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
snoop around over at LXforums.com for suggestions... the exhaust kits for the 300, magnum, and charger are all IDENTICAL....

Biggest trouble with aftermarket exhaust seems to be MDS drone... basically... the exhaust note sounds great in V-8 mode.... but sounds "not quite right" in V-4 mode...
Zoomers exhaust....no drone or resonance. I absolutley love mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mopar offers a performance exhaust, made by borla, that has no exhaust drone. There is also a dual exhaust for the SXT version, as well. Check with Jimmy at Speed & Development. He can be reached via email at [email protected].

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
TommyLee said:
Mopar offers a performance exhaust, made by borla, that has no exhaust drone. There is also a dual exhaust for the SXT version, as well. Check with Jimmy at Speed & Development. He can be reached via email at [email protected].
I checked with Jimmy, and, unfortunately, he doesn't have anything in yet for the Charger. :sad: Right now he has mainly just SRT-4 stuff, but he is working on getting stuff for the Charger. :happy:

His website is www.speedandpowerdevelopment.com.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since the 2006 R/T with the 5.7 hemi is based on the platform of the magnum and 300, shouldn't I be able to bolt on the Borla exhaust system # 140112 made for the 2005 magnum with the hemi? I sure would like to make the charger sound like a charger should.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Should be identical...check for hanger points under the cars...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
R33T said:
What about on the V6?
some interesting tidbits from the Charger brochure...gt performance package for the V-6 includes a dual exhaust system rear wing and facia, grill inserts and chrome 17 inch wheels..looks cool...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Two300cs said:
check out zoomers exhaust. I have them on one of my C's and love the growl. Thought damn these would be great on a charger. zoomersexhaust.com i think.
How is the sound from inside the car? Is it overbearing or is still fairly quiet? I had Flow masters on my Mustang and although I liked the sound that is not something I want on my Charger. I would like a nice tone but I also want to be able to talk on my Cell phone or hold a conversation with someone inside the car without hearing the exhaust noise.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have already asked my dealer to get me a price on the dual exhaust shown in the back of the Charger brochure as part of the MOPAR performance package. I would not want to let that empty cutout in the rear bumper of my SXT go to waste :yes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
i guess you guys didnt see in the topics that i have already added the exhaust to the charger. i went and added to 40 series flowmasters that were custom made from flowmaster for my car. you can feel the response and it has a little rumble but it only roars when you open up the throttle. i think that it might be that change from 4 to 8 that gives it didnt sounds, but you can barley hear anynoise inside thecar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
manofsteelCHARGER said:
i guess you guys didnt see in the topics that i have already added the exhaust to the charger. i went and added to 40 series flowmasters that were custom made from flowmaster for my car. you can feel the response and it has a little rumble but it only roars when you open up the throttle. i think that it might be that change from 4 to 8 that gives it didnt sounds, but you can barley hear anynoise inside thecar.
Yea to FLOWMASTER - I have the 40 Series on my PT GT and love it.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
chargershed said:
some interesting tidbits from the Charger brochure...gt performance package for the V-6 includes a dual exhaust system rear wing and facia, grill inserts and chrome 17 inch wheels..looks cool...
What's the gt performance package? I've never heard of such a thing. Do you have a url anywhere?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts