Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So look last month I got my car back from the dealership and I had it for about 2 weeks for the brand new engine and I went to leave for work early one morning and I had a rod go through the engine block got a call from the dealership yesterday telling me that the should be done with a new engine sometime this week they are just waiting for a new upper air intake to come in. This better be the last time I have an issue with this engine in this car.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I bet you're excited to get it back. I'm glad your dealer is respecting the warrant, and fingers crossed all goes well.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
CM:
What year Charger, and are you the original owner? That is pretty weird! At what mileage did the original engine die, and from what?

Don

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
OG:
It's an SXT, so V6. Crazy to think the replacement engine has now died also. Makes me wonder if they cleaned out the oil cooler or replaced any other pieces that might have stored metal pieces from the first engine, only to have them enter and destroy the 2nd one?

Don

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yup...I sorta hope it is poor workmanship at the Dealer....otherwise, Yikes...Maybe engine was built in Mexico during Trump treaty talks...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2015 Charger SXT all wheel drive. The mileage 47k and change miles on the first engine. engine 2 about
800 miles and am the second owner. Previous it was a business lease. If anything else happens at all I'm getting out of this vehicle

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
oh man that sucks, sorry your having this trouble. Hopefully they get it right. I agree, if it happens again i'd dump it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts