Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Chargers,

So I am one of the newer members, and I guess a few of you are wondering "who this X E Ryder dood is" :)

Well due to the mods I have been doing to my car and many years working on various rides, I have had just about everything apart on my car already at a whopping 2400 miles hehehe

Would you like to see some video clips on taking apart various sections of the dash and center console? For those who have not done it yet, it could prove quite helpful.

- - - - - - - - - -

OK here are the Dash Disassembly vids. Please note they are not exciting, but clear and descriptive, so drink coffee before watching haha.

Removing the Center Dash (radio stack): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIQ7o2PM_YY

Removing the Center Console: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3b8GJ3R_jM

Removing the Main Dash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qYa06S5HJc

Next time I pull the dash apart I will try to get some help filming so I can show more detail if we need it.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
That would be great!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Would you like to see some video clips on taking apart various sections of the dash and center console?
What kind of question is that? Of course we would man!! :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like this idea... perhaps we should all videotape our mods so we can get an entire dodge charger mod channel on youtube.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear.

Glad you found it helpful.

I will see about writing it up and adding to the Wiki, the more places the info is posted, the more likely it is someone who genuinely needs it will find it!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm

Doesnt show how to remove the 08 Dash :( I think its different. I want to try it but i dont want to break it.
Hmm, well if someone wants to drive one over, I'm sure I could get it apart safely :)

Look for screws and if there are not any, it has to be clips.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Duly subscribed!!
Thank you so much:grin:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Help!

I removed the black mat in the little space compartment like you said in your video, however while I see three fairly large holes I cant seem to get the clips to pop, or can I really feel anything at all. I have a feeling it the 2 outside holes, and the center is there for the ashtray. Help please!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well

I removed the black mat in the little space compartment like you said in your video, however while I see three fairly large holes I cant seem to get the clips to pop, or can I really feel anything at all. I have a feeling it the 2 outside holes, and the center is there for the ashtray. Help please!!!
(you are doing the center console right?) If you have removed the screws, and open the ashtray stick your hand inside the opening of the ashtray and gently tug, those clips are really a bear the first time you pull them.

If you can't get it I can PM you my phone number and talk you through it bro. :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well

No im talking about the center dash, sorry about the confusion. I just cant seem to feel where the clips are.
OK, pm'ing you my cell number, call me in the morning and I will be happy to help you with this if you like. (I'm on Pacific time btw hehehe) :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got it!!!!!!! hahaah!! I took me all last night but I figured it out. Thanks to your video, if it wasnt for it I wouldnt have gotten it. I will post picks later. Thanks dude.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts