Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Charger SXT for a night yesterday. It had the std. cloth interior. Take a look at one it looks like it came from a New York taxi cab. Could Dodge of found an uglier cloth(more like burlap)?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
adaptabl said:
I had a Charger SXT for a night yesterday. It had the std. cloth interior. Take a look at one it looks like it came from a New York taxi cab. Could Dodge of found an uglier cloth(more like burlap)?
Isn't it the same cloth in the 300s? That's a real letdown if not, because I hate leather and I was going to swap out my RTs seats for SXT seats (when I buy the car, that is. ;) )

·
Registered
76 Posts
My SXT also has the cloth seats. While they are not very stylish, they do match the interior decor of the vehicle. I am not a big fan of leather (especially in the Florida sun) and found the leather seats in my '98 Stratus to be downright uncomfortable in the summer (even with the windows tinted). I have spent up to 2.5 hours at a stretch commuting and find the power driver's seat to be quite comfortable with good lumbar support. It could use slightly more side bolstering but I haven't really thrown the car around much (yet).

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I like the cloth seats in my SXT. They are very comfortable and seem to be more durable and easier to care for/clean (very important when you have a 4 year old!) than more common types cloth seats in other cars.

To each his/her own....

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChargerSXT said:
I like the cloth seats in my SXT. They are very comfortable and seem to be more durable and easier to care for/clean (very important when you have a 4 year old!) than more common types cloth seats in other cars.

To each his/her own....
Just like a taxi cab.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
adaptabl said:
I know that I am new here, so forgive this post guys, but....excuse me adaptabl, just a guess, but you're not after a congeniality award are you?!!! :confused: Mike

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
adaptabl said:
adaptabl, is there anything you like on the new Charger? It seems that everything could be better, cheaper, faster etc. The same could be said about every car on the road. All cars have compromises built in to them, but to pick at every single one of them is counter-productive. Just so you don't think i'm some sort of schill for Dodge, I am upset that I don't get an interior choice because I want the R/T performance package. To be constuctive I will point out that katskin makes leather seat covers for Mopar Parts so you can cover your "taxi" in some nicer skins, and I can do the same to my R/T!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts