Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2014 White Dodge Charger RT(Straight Pipe System,Res Delete) (Dyno/Tune,) (KN CAI) 20' HCat Replica)
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ChargerForums! I'm located in the Southeast US and I'm looking for a Dodge Charger between '11 and '16 under 150k. RT gets priority. My price range is 12,500 and under. Packages are appreciated Ex:Mopar, 100th anniversary. 8.4 is a must. Please get back to me asap. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
You can plug your specs into Kelly Blue Book, and get an idea of what current pricing is in the used market. Then, go look at places like autotrader.com, cargurus.com, etc. I think you are gonna find that there won't be much available in your price range at the R/T level, unless it has a zillion miles, and/or is a retired police car.

Don

·
Registered
2014 White Dodge Charger RT(Straight Pipe System,Res Delete) (Dyno/Tune,) (KN CAI) 20' HCat Replica)
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Don. to be honest you'd be surprised. I've found a couple here and there, but I figured I'd see if there's any retired billionaires on here willing to sell 😅😳🤣

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update. ending up finding one. Not sure how to close and/or delete a discussion

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Well:
Are you gonna post pics, and tell us what you ended up with? That's kind of like going to the beauty shop, getting all spruced up, then not coming back by to show off your new doo. 😂 😂 😂

Don

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
That's kind of like going to the beauty shop, getting all spruced up, then not coming back by to show off your new doo. 😂 😂 😂
I don't care who y'are, that's funny right there

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well:
Are you gonna post pics, and tell us what you ended up with? That's kind of like going to the beauty shop, getting all spruced up, then not coming back by to show off your new doo. 😂 😂 😂

Don
You've got a point 😂😂 let me find some good pics.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
YoungJ:
Looks like you found a very nice Charger! What are the options? A Gen 2, (11-14), with aftermarket wheels. How many miles, and such?

Don

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She's at about 144k, Came with a KN cold air intake, dyno/tune, 4 Skar audio Tweeters, Flowmaster straight with res delete, 5 on the back windows, 15 on the front two. Umm RWD, 8.4 in UConn, Nav, She really is a beaut

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Cool!
What year? Keep your ears open for any tapping/ticking sounds in the top of the engine. At 144k, you are past 80-90k where the 5.7s that do, usually experience lifter issues. Possibly, it already appeared, and was repaired. Hopefully, yours is one that won't suffer it.

Don

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Understood. Is that an easy replacement or? at the moment, though, mine still sounds pretty good

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
As long as yours sounds good, just take care of it, and drive it. If you start to hear top end valvetrain noise, fixing it sooner than later is the preferred route. It's a fairly involved repair requiring removal of the intake and heads, and usually runs between $3-$4K if you have it done.

Don

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As long as yours sounds good, just take care of it, and drive it. If you start to hear top end valvetrain noise, fixing it sooner than later is the preferred route. It's a fairly involved repair requiring removal of the intake and heads, and usually runs between $3-$4K if you have it done.

Don
thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I'd suggest some ceramic coating (actual stuff, not that spray ceramic wax from the auto parts store) or some uv blocking film to put on the headlights while they still look good so they don't turn yellow.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I'd suggest some ceramic coating (actual stuff, not that spray ceramic wax from the auto parts store) or some uv blocking film to put on the headlights while they still look good so they don't turn yellow.
At that mileage the headlight and foglight lenses could definitely use some restoration.
Took me a solid 8 hours until I was satisfied with the end result:

Note - make sure you use corded tools (not the portable battery ones) when polishing.
If you dont want to use the spray, film can be applied once complete to prevent further oxidation down the line.

Ceramic coating is nice - but your paint would have to be in excellent condition prior to application - not sure if the front bumper would have to be repainted..?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
At that mileage the headlight and foglight lenses could definitely use some restoration.
Took me a solid 8 hours until I was satisfied with the end result:

Note - make sure you use corded tools (not the portable battery ones) when polishing.
If you dont want to use the spray, film can be applied once complete to prevent further oxidation down the line.

Ceramic coating is nice - but your paint would have to be in excellent condition prior to application - not sure if the front bumper would have to be repainted..?
At about 120k miles on my 2006 I just bought brand new headlights and foglights then pulled off the front fascia and replaced them...

I knew I'd spend 8 hours refurbishing and the new ones where cheap since I had halogens!

You got a really nice looking car there kid, nice spec with the OEM HIDs too. Looks like it was lowered a bit per your shot at the car place.

Reactions: POWERMAN
1 - 20 of 23 Posts