Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about the 2016 or 2017 Dodge Charger becoming available in a 2dr? A friend picked up a Hellcat and was in having it serviced and heard a couple salesmen talking about a new Charger 2dr. He said it will be offered in R/T and 500 packages only. I've seen the concept but didnt know it was getting the green light for production.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
Has anyone heard about the 2016 or 2017 Dodge Charger becoming available in a 2dr? A friend picked up a Hellcat and was in having it serviced and heard a couple salesmen talking about a new Charger 2dr. He said it will be offered in R/T and 500 packages only. I've seen the concept but didnt know it was getting the green light for production.
1} This "rumour" has come up every model year since 2006. It's always just guys saying "wouldn't it be nice". No, it's not going to happen.

2} Sales guys at dealerships never know anything in advance. In general you're lucky if they know anything about current product let alone future product.

So, in a nutshell, no. Still no. No, not yet. No, and also no.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
There are talks for a two door sports car, lighter and smaller then the challenger.

A two door charger is dumb, they already have the challenger.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
There are good body shops that will convert your Charger to a 2 door. I have seen the results it looks factory.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Lol awesome. Yeah most sales people barely know what they are selling, they just make up stuff as they go on the test drive and then you have to awkwardly correct them lol. With my speculation hat on I would say that the only way that would happen is if the Challenger was discontinued when the supposed Barracuda or whatever it would be called came out, then maybe have the Charger be available in four and two door versions, since that's what the current Challenger basically is. I really like the Challenger though, and I'm not sure Dodge has room for two pony cars in their lineup.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
heard a couple salesmen talking about a new Charger 2dr.

Simple rule...9.9/10 times, Salesman know far less about what's on the showroom floor, much less about what's coming out, than an even casually informed customer.

He said it will be offered in R/T and 500 packages only. I've seen the concept but didnt know it was getting the green light for production.

The only "concept" I can think of you've probably seen was the concept from 1999...and it wasn't a 2-door either, it just had the dimensions of a 2-door. There have been a couple custom shops that have build 2-door Chargers as customer vehicles, but Dodge hasn't released a 2-door Charger Concept.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
We always know more than salesmen. Most of those guys don't know anything about what they are selling.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So what are you guys trying to say? Don't beat around the bush, just come out and say it.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
So what are you guys trying to say? Don't beat around the bush, just come out and say it.
I'm pretty sure no one is really trying to say anything lol, just making fun of salesmen that have no idea what they are talking about. Some do I know, but most don't. I have had many test drives were the guy throws out incorrect HP numbers, trim levels, and performance haha. And if you're new to the Charger world the old 2-door rumors will be new to you, not big deal, but for the people that have been around the Charger for a while when that topic comes up for the bijillionth time you can't help but to make jokes :beerchug:.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Nice looking Mustang

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice looking Mustang
That's what I thought when I saw it. Looks like a Mustang. Maybe a Mustang lover tried to improve the look of a Charger, to his tastes.

I also thought that Bigal's looked like a concept for 2015, whereas DDaddy's looked like a concept for '10-'14.

The red Venom car looks good but the yellow one is just too much.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Love this thread lol. I agree with most that sales staff are 9 out of 10 times less knowledgeable than the shopper, especially when it comes to performance cars.

So I'm assuming most of us agree there's no need for a 2 door Charger, but what do you guys think about those out there that say the Charger isn't a muscle car? How would you respond to someone saying it's not a muscle car because it has 4 doors? I know my response but I'm curious to hear your guys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts