Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 3.5, put r/t suspension, but the fronts are really high and tilting. i want to put the stock 3.5 springs in the front only, is it doable by myself? any type of advice would be appreciated!! thanks.

·
Registered
871 Posts
It's very doable. I have got it down to a science already. I even change the front without a spring compressor. I do not in any way encourage this though. It would be pretty dangerous for a first timer.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Fairly easy. I've done it twice myself on my driveway.
Like mentioned above, get a spring compressor. You can rent one free at autozone or your local autoparts store.
Airtools will help too, as you need to get the friggin nut off the top of the strut to get the spring off.
Also rent a ball joint puller when your at the store. Pickle forks suck and are too aggressive on the ball joint..IMO

·
Registered
871 Posts
Also rent a ball joint puller when your at the store. Pickle forks suck and are too aggressive on the ball joint..IMO
You don't need any of these tools. If it's your first time or are a novice mechanic, you might mess things up with the above mentioned tools. You just need a Hammer.

You see that flat circle right in the middle of the pic? Hit that with a hammer till it comes loose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts