Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the predator 91cai tune right now if i want to switch to the 93 tune cai do i have to back out to the stock tune then 93 tune or can i go straight to the 93 tune. also do i have to reset or change all the other settings such as shift firmness etc.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i usely do but i dont think you have to.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
You dont have to........you can go from one to the other

Ive been back and forth between the 91CAI tune and 93CAI tune about 6 times this week alone doing some in depth testing to find out whats better for my car................so far im leaning towards the 93

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am getting the Aces IV this week and we only have 91 octane in arizona but i want to run 89octane with the 93 tune.

·
Registered
539 Posts
go for it. with ACES you can use 89 gas and run the 91/93 tunes.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
all it does is keeps it in 8 cilinders all the time and you dont have to listen to it kicking in and out all the time, i un hooked mine 6 months ago no problem love it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
mine runs 16 to 17 in town and 25 highway, i really cant tell much differants

·
Registered
539 Posts
i turned it off for the simple reason that this is supposed to be an 8 cylinder car. its a CHARGER for God's sake! a weapon of massive consumption. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
I heard that the 91 CAI tune might be tad more powerful than the 93 CAI tune. Anyone tried running the 91 CAI tune and the 93 CAI tune down the track?? I tried the 93 CAI tune at the track. Was able to muster a 13.7 @ 102.52mph.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
All I know is, on my car, the 91CAI tune just doesnt have the "Pull" the 93 tune does at WOT......when I floor it with the 91 tune, the car drops down and goes but doesnt pull as hard......seems like the engine screams but doesnt do as much as youd think its doing........I have to add all sorts of fuel to get it to pull and by then, im probably already back to a 93 tune.............the 93 tune pulls hard for me

·
Registered
379 Posts
Switched to the 91 tune from the 93 tune today. Just because of the hype on the 91 with the 93 octane. Reset tcm and all that stuff. Didn't see any 'bonus' as of yet. Will probably run it for a while and see. If it doesn't impress, I'll move back to the 93.

·
Registered
126 Posts
On my 5.7L car at WOT, I have datalogged the 91 tune, 93 tune, and stock tune, shifting at the stock 5600 rpm. I have never seen a difference in the peak timing advance between the tunes. All three tunes peak at 23.50.
The pic below is one of my datalogs. From the numbers/logs I am seeing, there is no difference in the timing advance on the Predator compared to the stock tune. I would like if Diablo or someone with more knowledge could explain how to prove/document the change between the tunes.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On my 5.7L car at WOT, I have datalogged the 91 tune, 93 tune, and stock tune, shifting at the stock 5600 rpm. I have never seen a difference in the peak timing advance between the tunes. All three tunes peak at 23.50.
The pic below is one of my datalogs. From the numbers/logs I am seeing, there is no difference in the timing advance on the Predator compared to the stock tune. I would like if Diablo or someone with more knowledge could explain how to prove/document the change between the tunes.

so are you trying to tell us that the predator doesnt really do anything or that 91 and 93 tunes are the same?

·
Registered
126 Posts
so are you trying to tell us that the predator doesnt really do anything or that 91 and 93 tunes are the same?
With regards to timing, I don't see any difference between the stock, 91, or 93 tunes. 23.5 max timing advance in all three tunes. I thought I would see a higher number, like 24.0 to 25.0 on the 91 or 93 tunes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts