Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the honeycomb insert for my grill I DID NOT KNOW u need to take the whole dam front bumper off to put that **** in thts such a crock of **** i did all the instructions but the bumper woundt come off i got to step 8 where i said pull my signal lights out and at tht point i was like **** it and put all the **** back on the car wtf ... any of u guys got sum advice to make life easyer lol?

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a little help?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
you should of have got a long socket to get to those little nuts would of had been more easier can't remember the size of the socket and wrench since i have it in the car...Sorry but here go's a free BUMP for you!

Just an Idea...

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried everything i got the extensions out and **** but the directions show there are 4 screws holding the grill i got the 2 middle out easy and the others i coundt i had to get under the car take the shield off the directions show taking the bumper off and **** its from mopar i was like 2 hell with tht ill go to the dealer let them do it and ill give them 40 bucks or w/e how much u guys think it is?

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ppl help me please ... i wanna get info on this in the next 30 min cause i wanna go to bed ... i planned on going to dodge in the am to have them put it in but can sum of u give me info to make it easy to do or something??? anything

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bumpppppp.........

·
Registered
67 Posts
I replaced my chrome grill the other day, and did it without removing the bumper. The only hard part was the single screws on each side, But it was alot better than removing the whole bumper .:knockout:

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey, If you got the same instuctions that I did then it doesn't show the 2 bolts (1 on each side) on top of the fenders toward the front that hold the front facsia to the fender. They are a ***** to get out and you got to get them from the bottom. It's a lot easier with 2 people.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The dealer did mine. $115 to put in the honycomb, and the chin.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Al the grill posts that I have seen say you do not need to undo the whole bumper to change out the grill... I should hope not... I want to swap mine out as well. =)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just put mine on yesterday.

I did remove the entire bumper and a lot of the front end just to see how it goes together and to see why it squeaks so much when i just push on the bumper.

All in all it took me 2 hours of taking my time and messing with stuff.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did mine about a month ago. I did not take the facia and bumper off but just contorted my hand inside with a phillips insert taped into a socket. Thankfully the side screws were screwed down as tight as other things on the car have been and I was able to do the job in about 45 minutes. It would have taken me less time but my hands were cramping up.

I found a thread on here that really had some great tips on how to do it. I saved the link but I'm at work right now so I can not post it. I'll see if I can find it when I get home.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I bought a small tool from Home Depot that has a 45 degree angle at the end that worked perfectly. It is a bit smaller than a pen. I'm not sure what the proper name for it is. It is hard to get your hand in there to do it though. You do not have to take the whole bumper off..... It just takes a bit of time, lots of patience, and oh yeah...a set of bloddy knuckles. It took about an hour max to do mine.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just put mine on yesterday.

I did remove the entire bumper and a lot of the front end just to see how it goes together and to see why it squeaks so much when i just push on the bumper.

All in all it took me 2 hours of taking my time and messing with stuff.
Did you find out why our front bumpers squeak so much? LOL. I would really like to know myself.

As far as the grille install goes. There is no need to remove the bumper, AT ALL. Get in there with a thumb driver or ratchett and those 2 side screws will come out if you try hard enough (and get a few cuts on your hand). I had that grille assembly out in 10 minutes when I did mine. Took me longer to get that damn slotted grille insert out than anything in the whole install.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok can u guys make my life easy LOL GET A PICTURE OF WHAT TOOL I NEED and ill go to home depot right now BUY it and start my grill please help me

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Go to sears. Find someone working in the tool section. Tell him you need a phillips head thump ratchet. Pay for tool. Drive home. Let car cool down. Remove 2 rubber pieces in on top and in front of radiator. Roll up sleeves. Shove arm between front fascia and radiator. Move over to left edge of grill from behind and feel screw with finger. Use new told to remove screw. Repeat process for other side. Romove top and bottom center screws. Jiggle and tug until grille pops out.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Go to sears. Find someone working in the tool section. Tell him you need a phillips head thump ratchet. Pay for tool. Drive home. Let car cool down. Remove 2 rubber pieces in on top and in front of radiator. Roll up sleeves. Shove arm between front fascia and radiator. Move over to left edge of grill from behind and feel screw with finger. Use new told to remove screw. Repeat process for other side. Romove top and bottom center screws. Jiggle and tug until grille pops out.

UR THE BEST =) lol thnx man

1 - 20 of 34 Posts