Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Page 306 of the owners manual says, "Normal usage - no change necessary. Severe usage, (police, taxi, limo) refer to schedule B."

Schedule B: 60,000 miles.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Page 306 of the owners manual says, "Normal usage - no change necessary. Severe usage, (police, taxi, limo) refer to schedule B."

Schedule B: 60,000 miles.
NO change necessary, ever?? I was gonna have mine done yesterday, at 43,800 miles (approx), but they didn't have the fittings to do it....so I just got the oil, coolant, and power steering done. I was about to call the dealership to see how long it would take them to do the transmission...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just because it doesn't HAVE TO BE done doesn't mean it would do any harm if it was done, right?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
The nav on my SRT just alerted me that I needed my transmission fluid changed but I'm only at 20k miles... Looks like I still have quite a ways to go.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i would do it around 60k or so.

a/ like mentioned its not "recommended to be changed at all" from chrysler
b/ there s really no way to check its quality. Old timers check fluid by color and smell but they are wrong in doing so> neither means anything and this is verifiable in the auto trans section of the service manual.

Now like stated and the service manual states , schedule b, police/taxi/border packages recommend every 30k due to extended idling. If your car is part of short trips, extended idling (pizza delivery type stuff maybe) then you may wanna do it at 30 also

·
Vendor
10,370 Posts
i would do it around 60k or so.

a/ like mentioned its not "recommended to be changed at all" from chrysler
b/ there s really no way to check its quality. Old timers check fluid by color and smell but they are wrong in doing so> neither means anything and this is verifiable in the auto trans section of the service manual.

Now like stated and the service manual states , schedule b, police/taxi/border packages recommend every 30k due to extended idling. If your car is part of short trips, extended idling (pizza delivery type stuff maybe) then you may wanna do it at 30 also

Wicked is definitely right here. No way to tell by smell or color. Remember that your transmission has friction modified transmission fluid.

The main concern on this fluid is that it gets really hot because of the power running through it. The biggest problem with these transmissions is that they cook the friction "modifiers" out of the fluid and the transmission senses the difference in engagement and makes an automatic (no pun intended) adjustment until such time that you feel it start to slip and by that time the trans is cooked.

Never a bad thing to change the fluid. 30-45,000 miles is the upper limit of what I would be comfortable changing it.

We make a really good blend for the 41TE, 42LE, W5A580 etc. (all different fluids for the different applications)

Thanks

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts