Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions:

1. are the Challenger and Charger seats the same? Would you be able to take Challenger SRT8 seat covers and recover the seats on a Charger R/T?

2. is the seat foam different on the R/T seats versus the SRT8 seats, because the SRT8 seats feel more cushy and comfortable?

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
no the seats are not even close
and
the sxt has one set of seats, r/t another, daytona another and srt another.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Questions:

1. are the Challenger and Charger seats the same? Would you be able to take Challenger SRT8 seat covers and recover the seats on a Charger R/T?

2. is the seat foam different on the R/T seats versus the SRT8 seats, because the SRT8 seats feel more cushy and comfortable?

Thanks, Rob
Im pretty sure they are the same...

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the challenger floorboard is completely different , therefore the bottom seat track is different.
the back frame is different also as it is for a 2 door car so it releases and tilts forward unlike that in the charger.
The wiring in all chargers changed in 08 so if the seats are coming from a 07 or 06 none of the airbag stuff will work.

Not trying to be mean but people have to realize seats are airbag components. They arent just plug and play. Can you make a srt seat work in a r/t, sure, with a lot of work but its possible. It certainly isnt plug and play and you will be rebuilding the seats and going to the dealer to configure airbag components

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses but the question is:

Can I take Challenger SRT8 seat covers not the entire seat itself and recover my 2010 Charger R/T seats with the Challenger SRT8 seat covers. Secondly is the seat foam different between the R/T seat and SRT8 seat.

The reason why I am asking is I can buy a nice set of barely used Challenger SRT8 seat covers fairly cheap.

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the seat foam is different, hence you need the foam and the cover. However since the fram e is completely different on the back of the two seats you wont be able to transfer the foam and then of course you wouldnt be able to use the covers

·
Registered
572 Posts
The base r/t has different seats. Your srt covers won't fit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just like wickedchargerrt said, the seats are completely different.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
charger SRT8s are the way to go

1 - 10 of 10 Posts