Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I really like the look of the Challenger style stripes and want to put some on my car. I'm going to use Plasti Dip. I like the stripes but I want to do something unique. I put together a few shops but I'm not sure what I want to go with. Just would like to see what everyone is digging or if you have some alternate ideas throw them at me!

Basic Stripes

Large Mopar Logo

Small Mopar Logo

SXT Letters

Large Mopar Logo (don't really like it but was one idea)

·
Registered
916 Posts
If you'd like a set in brilliant blue I have them here and am not going to use them. I'd be happy to send to you maybe you can use them as guides or something?

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think I'm going to go with the basic stripes to keep it simple but I like this also:

Thanks POWERMAN!

Might do a "hockeystick" on the back and black out the trunk. We'll see how the first attempt goes.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Got mine for $25 shipped off eBay three years ago, they are still as good as new.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1397231289.289957.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,058 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking PD so that I could customize the design a little bit, but if I decide to go with the plain jane stripes then you'd probably be right about the vinyl.

I've never used vinyl before. I know it's supposed to peal right off but does it leave any residue?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I was thinking PD so that I could customize the design a little bit, but if I decide to go with the plain jane stripes then you'd probably be right about the vinyl.

I've never used vinyl before. I know it's supposed to peal right off but does it leave any residue?

Sure it leaves residue if you decide to take it off.. But nothing a quick polish and wax couldn't fix to look like new....

With vinyl you install it once and you're done, with PD you have to keep touching up and it's hard to take the tape off and not taking the PD off with it.

This was my first ever vinyl install, I just looked at some tutorials on YouTube, took my time. Used soapy water so I could keep adjusting it until it was in the right spot, it's a good thing to learn, now I feel like I could install most decal kits for the charger, I also have installed a trunk blackout with no problems.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Also vinyl leaves a smooth surface while PD Is rough and textured, it'll be difficult to get the pattern you want.. I know I wouldn't get it right with PD, I barely got it right with my lower air dam, so custom designs I would never try with PD

·
Registered
916 Posts
You could easily buy a sheet of vinyl wrap as well and just cut your own design it's even cheaper that way

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
916 Posts
Also like I said I have a set of stripes right now that if you just pay me like 5 or 10 bucks to ship it to you and give me your address I'll do it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
If you are looking for opinions, my vote is for the first one.

Also,

I don't want to hijack the OP, but we have been looking for a graphic that we like for our car and this one looks like something we like. Where did this one come from? Is this something you have seen somewhere or do you make them?

WalterG

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I don't want to hijack the OP, but we have been looking for a graphic that we like for our car and this one looks like something we like. Where did this one come from? Is this something you have seen somewhere or do you make them?

WalterG

I've seen those on eBay and Amazon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts