Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was at the dealer today the service manager and sales manager told me that Dodge was putting out the Challenger for 2007. Even showed me the announcement on their computers. I knew I had seen the car before on this forum and liked it then. Now if they are truely going to make this car and hold to its concept, then I am going to buy two! (Sales manager informed me that since I had bought their first Charger, I would have to settle for numbers 2 and 3 from them. He was going to buy #1!) Anyway, they are really excited....on the concept design....as am I. If it holds water then I've gotta start saving money bigtime!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Wonder what engine they will put in it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Will they make an SRT8 Challenger? Hrm......

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I am sure it will have both V8s and probably the 3.5 V6 as well.

The key question is how much will they shorten the platform/reduce weight?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
What?

I really hate to be Mr. Skeptic, but I'm not buying this. There isn't currently a concept that anyone has seen (except you), and you're telling me they'll have a PRODUCTION car available by mid next year? (That would be when they release 07 models).

Sorry, but I gotta call "pics or bs" on this one. Or, at the very least, "url or bs".

EDIT :: I don't necessarily mean to call you a liar, because I doubt that, but maybe the dealership got some bad info ...

·
Registered
587 Posts
epoch said:
What?

I really hate to be Mr. Skeptic, but I'm not buying this. There isn't currently a concept that anyone has seen (except you), and you're telling me they'll have a PRODUCTION car available by mid next year? (That would be when they release 07 models).

Sorry, but I gotta call "pics or bs" on this one. Or, at the very least, "url or bs".

EDIT :: I don't necessarily mean to call you a liar, because I doubt that, but maybe the dealership got some bad info ...
My dealer had the same info.

Honestly, without an offical "concept" I would guess we are looking at the current platform reduced by 2 doors, different fascia and taillights. The dealer press info said late 2007 for a release.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What does the challenger concept look like? Does it have two doors? This mechanic I kno has one and its beautiful, its got a 383 4 bbl mint condition PLUM CRAZY Paint job

·
Registered
349 Posts
Please Dodge,Don't screw this one up too and make it a 4dr. Let's talk 2dr.some retro styling,6.1lhemi(srt-8) version,and please lets put in a close ratio 5-speed manual!!! Maybe a plum crazy color option with graphics,maybe even a challenger T/A version.You guys make this, I will trade in the charger srt-8 for it hands down, Come on baby!! 2dr. and a manual tranny with order option of slap stick auto for people who want autos.Please also give us some rear gear ratio options. :happy: OK,I'll stop dreaming now! :asleep:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Does Anyone Have Any Pics On It????

·
Registered
143 Posts
As sick as that is its taken me a while to stop laughing.

That's better than the Fast/Furious movies :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
dagummit said:
I found a pic of the 2007 Challenger!!! Just ignore that it resembles a Pontiac (if you can even call it that).

OFMG!!! HOW DARE YOU POST MY PICTURE AND LAUGH!!!

J/K of course :p

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have to go to a Dodge ride and drive in October.....I wll find out then if it is in the works.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1BADHEMI said:
Does Anyone Have Any Pics On It????
Picture is under thread.... Dodge Challenger Concept .... started a while back by, I think, ekool. Anyway, it is on the list of active posts. Check it out. Would be sweet if they held relatively true to this pic.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Here's an article from Edmunds.com citing a Wall Street Journal article (I tried to look there, but their search is broken or something):

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=107375

The Wall Street Journal said Monday the automaker will present the lineup, which includes the Chrysler Aspen, Dodge Nitro, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot and Jeep Wrangler, to the DaimlerChrysler supervisory board here today. The move would increase from five to 10 the number of SUVs offered by the Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep brands.

The compact Patriot and Compass will debut in summer 2006, followed by the midsize Nitro in fall 2006. A redesigned Wrangler is due in late 2006 or 2007, and the Durango-based, full-size Aspen will hit the market in 2007 or 2008.

The newspaper said the product launch will also include a two-door Challenger coupe to compete with the Ford Mustang.

And another article says you should be able to see one (concept car) at the '06 Detroit show:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=106732

Across town, Chrysler is said to be preparing a concept Dodge Challenger for the '06 Detroit show, to test the market for a proposed two-door performance car it wants to introduce around 2008-2009 as a potential competitor to the Ford Mustang.

·
Registered
549 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts