Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests: has anyone done a full track day with the Posi-quiets on their SRT8?

I swapped out the stock Brembo pads for the Centrics after my last day at the track; I love the quiet dust-free operation on these.

But I just got onto the list for a NASA track day at Laguna Seca (schwing!) Oct. 1 and now I'm wondering if I should swap the Brembo pads back in. Or is that just a bad idea... inspecting these pads, they have about 1/4 inch thickness left on them.

Anyway, if anyone's got any experience beating on the Centrics I'd sure like to know how they performed.

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
So are you happy with the posi-quiets for daily driving? I am not going to the track so I am not really concerned about performance I just get tired of all the dust.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I see where they have the set of front and backs listed one ebay for less than $100 shipped. That sounds almost too good to be true.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just talked at length with Dave Zeckhausen. What a great resource he is, very knowledgable and a true enthusiast himself. As it turns out, I was a bit of an early adopter on the replacement pads... mine are the Ctek metallics, NOT the Centrics. The Cteks have been fine for daily driving. Anyway, he strongly suggested that I go with other (non-dust-free) pads for the track. I'm going to load up with brand new OEM pads and track how far they wear after one full track day... the fronts, FYI, start with 12 mm material, and the backs start with 9 mm.

I'm also going to go with better brake fluid; my last trip to Seca boiled my stock stuff.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I apologize in advance for throwing this question into your thread about Centri Posi-quiet pads for track use...

I have read many posts that say Posi-quiet pads are the way to go for general street use. After fighting the war with black dust for 2 months I'm ready to make the switch. What I can't seem to find is which Posi-quiet pads are the best choice. There are three different options shown. 1. Semi-metallic 2. Ceramic 3. Entended Wear. I am wondering what most folks are putting on their cars?

It looks like the set sold on Ebay is the semi-metalic type. Our car is a daily driver that will probably not be seen at a local track. Looking at the differences shown in the link below it looks like you give up some stopping performace with the Ceramic pads in favor of long life and lowest dust, as compared to the semi-metalic pads. Perhaps this explains why some folks don't notice a drop in braking performace and some do? Thoughts?

http://www.brakewarehouse.com/centric_brake_pads.asp#1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts