Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having trouble with burn marks on the center console around the cup holders. I have had my 2011 Charger R/T for over a year now and have had the center console replaced twice. it ends up with burn marks around the cup holders. ( I have the heated and cooled holders). the dealer has checked the wiring and doesn't find anything wrong with it. I am thinking that it is coming from when I leave the water bottles in the cup holders the sunlight shines throughout the windshield and the bottle creates a magnifying effect after passing through the bottle thus burning the cup holder. since the last replacement I have not put another water bottle in the cup holder and try to keep the sliding top door closed. I have not had a problem since. Weird thing is the water bottle never melted. The Dealer doesn't think that is the problem. but doesn't know what the problem is. they have said they have not had any complaints from anyone and if it was an issue they would have had complaints. so I am wondering is this just happening to me? when I first saw it I thought someone dinged the cup holder. but more started to appear so I took it in.:confused::confused::confused: let me know

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Is anyone else having trouble with burn marks on the center console around the cup holders. I have had my 2011 Charger R/T for over a year now and have had the center console replaced twice. it ends up with burn marks around the cup holders. ( I have the heated and cooled holders). the dealer has checked the wiring and doesn't find anything wrong with it. I am thinking that it is coming from when I leave the water bottles in the cup holders the sunlight shines throughout the windshield and the bottle creates a magnifying effect after passing through the bottle thus burning the cup holder. since the last replacement I have not put another water bottle in the cup holder and try to keep the sliding top door closed. I have not had a problem since. Weird thing is the water bottle never melted. The Dealer doesn't think that is the problem. but doesn't know what the problem is. they have said they have not had any complaints from anyone and if it was an issue they would have had complaints. so I am wondering is this just happening to me? when I first saw it I thought someone dinged the cup holder. but more started to appear so I took it in.:confused::confused::confused: let me know
Sean,

I could find no bulletins relating to the condition that you have described in your post. If you have not done so already, I would suggest a call to the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center just to document what has happened to your console. If it never happens again, great. But if it does at least it will be on record in case it needs to be replaced again once you are out of warranty.

800-992-1997 United States
800-465-2001 Canada

·
Registered
324 Posts
Holy crap!

Do you use the heated / cooling function often?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The thing is that the bottle doesn't need to get warm, it can still burn the crap out of anything if the distance is just right.

I have seen wine glasses (with some white wine in it) burning tabletops, so its definitely your water bottles causing the burn marks. If you have a piece of paper there it can start a fire, so be careful. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sean,

I could find no bulletins relating to the condition that you have described in your post. If you have not done so already, I would suggest a call to the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center just to document what has happened to your console. If it never happens again, great. But if it does at least it will be on record in case it needs to be replaced again once you are out of warranty.

800-992-1997 United States
800-465-2001 Canada
Thanks I will do that. I don't put water bottles there anymore or any clear cups for that matter. other than that problem it has been the best car I have yet to own. My Dealer here in town sux I had to switch to another dealer across town. I guess now that I bought the car the first dealer was done with me. oh well there loss I will be buying 2 more cars the first of next year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts