Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
So this coming Tuesday I'm going to to be installing KOOKS LT headers, catless mids, and the SLP LM 1 system. I know im gonna get a CEL for the mid pipes being catless so how can I get rid of the CEL without having to buy a tuner?

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Maybe antifoulers....tuner is the best option. I want a soundclip of your exhaust when your done. I have slp with jba shorties...adding the kooks in a few weeks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
You can try the anti-foulers but I'm telling you there is a large chance they will not work. I have the anti foulers on my 2012 road and track with the jba catless mids. I went codeless for 80-100 miles...then threw codes every time I started the car after clearing them with the tuner. Checked for leaks and bad sensors...everything was fine. Talked to our buddy who is an SRT engineer and he said the computers on the new chargers are so good it's nearly impossible to "fool" them.

I had the rear 02s switched off by Johan but that's a temporary fix. The car runs great, nice gains up high and down low. But I will NOT pass smog. I'm still searching for a fix.

Hemi31 referred me to one of arrington's tuners. He reviewed my tune file and he said he had no idea why the car was throwing codes. He said with the new software the car's emissions settings need to be suppressed in 2-3 areas instead of the standard 1 area. He asked me to send in my PCM and trinity but that's not an option for me. He then asked me to buy the Arrington tuner, which is a waste of 400 bucks. He was very helpful and extremely professional/polite. But he could not find a fix. Let me know if you discover something as I am still searching.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Maybe antifoulers....tuner is the best option. I want a soundclip of your exhaust when your done. I have slp with jba shorties...adding the kooks in a few weeks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
How do antifoulers work?
And I will be adding a few videos of the exhaust. WOT, open headers, before and after, ect.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
The antifoulers place the o2's out of the exhaust stream so they don't read correctly.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i could be completely wrong here but i think i read some where on here that some one said to place stainless steel wool in the antifoulers and that would help clear the code without turning them off with a tuner.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
i could be completely wrong here but i think i read some where on here that some one said to place stainless steel wool in the antifoulers and that would help clear the code without turning them off with a tuner.
You are correct that is one method :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I could not find stainless steel wool anywhere! Steel wool for days, but no stainless steel wool. Every store I went in and asked...I got the "you're crazy" look.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The antifoulers place the o2's out of the exhaust stream so they don't read correctly.
So is it better to get a straight or angled antifouler? I would imag8ne the angled would be better.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
So is it better to get a straight or angled antifouler? I would imag8ne the angled would be better.
Based on the Kooks midpipes I would say straight

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what's the process of adding these? Just screw the antifoulers into the mid pipe and then screw in the o2 sensor into the fouler? How do you do the thing with the stainless steel wool?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you think these would be sufficient? The "core" of the spacer is like a mini catalytic converter. I may try these. $69 from amazon for 2.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts