Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So installed my Corsa extreme cutback along with my k&n cai. I drove around 5 miles before my Cel came on. I'm curious to why that is seeing as how I thought a tune wasn't needed

Sent from my LG-D800

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Get the code from the CEL to further assist you

·
Registered
369 Posts
Get the code from the CEL to further assist you
This^

Swapping out your stock catback with an aftermarket shouldnt cause any CELs. Maybe an 02 sensor got unpugged?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I see you also installed a CAI, did you plug in the IAT sensor back in?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Aren't there issues with new SRT exhaust installs? Many have gotten CELs after swapping exhausts on the new SRTs. I thought it had something to do with the MDS baffles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I unplugged the negative cable on the battery for about 15 minutes and hooked back up and the CEL light was off so I drove it around for about 15-20 minutes and it hasn't come back on since.

Sent from my LG-D800

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Well I unplugged the negative cable on the battery for about 15 minutes and hooked back up and the CEL light was off so I drove it around for about 15-20 minutes and it hasn't come back on since.

Sent from my LG-D800
Who knows...might have been one of those mysteries. If it comes back on read it yourself using the tuner or take it to autozone so you know what the code was actually for.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I don't have a tuner. At least not until I purchase one next week

Sent from my LG-D800
Well like I said...if it throws the code again you can go to autozone or some place like that and they can read the code for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts