Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably my fault but I got a CD stuck in the CD player. Its a shaped CD so I think thats where my problem is... Any ideas on how to get it out???

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I had the same problem...It was not a store bought CD....Dealer replaced the radio under warranty. :thumbsup: They said the only way to get it out was to open up the radio which they send it back to the manufacturer and could not guaranty return of the CD...who cares, I got a new radio/CD player. :smile:

Welcome from So. Cal.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
If its a burnt cd with a label they will not warranty it. otherwise its fine if its a cd .
I've pulled pennies, combs, paperclips and a world of chit out of the players.
if your not under warranty or expect this to be your fault pull the unit out yourself. The black face has a few tiny screws holding it on which you can remove. then unplug the connector behind it and put the face to the side. you can then reach in and grab the offending disc and put the assembly back together. Be careful

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
If its a burnt cd with a label they will not warranty it. otherwise its fine if its a cd .
I've pulled pennies, combs, paperclips and a world of chit out of the players.
if your not under warranty or expect this to be your fault pull the unit out yourself. The black face has a few tiny screws holding it on which you can remove. then unplug the connector behind it and put the face to the side. you can then reach in and grab the offending disc and put the assembly back together. Be careful
Phew...I guess I was lucky then. :smile:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
people got kids :lol:
I've also pulled pennies , nickels and paper clips out of power outlets that dont work ? wonder why. they come in cause the front power outlet is bad. I see a blown fuse and it smokes the second i put a new one in. Check the others and kids use them as piggy banks. Nice short to ground they have there

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
That is it...No Kids are allowed in my car! :laugh: That is crazy what you find in there. I don't see the difference in a burned CD or a store bought other than if they put a paper label on it...a CD is a CD and I'm pretty sure the player can't tell the difference. :dunno:

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
That is it...No Kids are allowed in my car! :laugh: That is crazy what you find in there. I don't see the difference in a burned CD or a store bought other than if they put a paper label on it...a CD is a CD and I'm pretty sure the player can't tell the difference. :dunno:
thats what i meant. The ones with labels are not to be used in the car players and it says this in the manual. Those will negate any warranty on the unit.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
thats what i meant. The ones with labels are not to be used in the car players and it says this in the manual. Those will negate any warranty on the unit.
Yea, I figured you meant paper labels. I think that I remember the dealership saying that if it was a burned CD they won't send it back but I didn't care..got me a new CD....Ok here is the funny part that I haven't told you....you ready?

They called me 1 week later to tell me that there was NO CD in there...:rofl: :rofl:
I am such an idiot..but...New radio. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Removal would be the same if its a Nav unit??? its a store bought disc. And if I don't get it back no problem can buy them again I suppose. And luckily I took extended warranty =) Thanks much for the help.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
ya, same on the nav unit. Unfortunately with most radios if the dealer does it, they will send it off to a repair facility and it'll take about a week. You rarely get your cd's back. If its a good dealer they will give you a loaner radio but they don thave too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts