Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that have the nav system, I have a couple of questions for you.
1. Does it have 6CD capacity as well?
2. Does it play MP3s?
3. How does the sound system, with Sound Group II, sound?

I am getting ready to order a 06 charger R/T with Road and Track package and this is the big remaining question I had. Thanks, I have been lurking for a while, trying to figure out whether or not a Charger was for me. This board has helped me move toward the "yes" area.

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
tprime76 said:
Those of you that have the nav system, I have a couple of questions for you.
1. Does it have 6CD capacity as well?
2. Does it play MP3s?
3. How does the sound system, with Sound Group II, sound?

I am getting ready to order a 06 charger R/T with Road and Track package and this is the big remaining question I had. Thanks, I have been lurking for a while, trying to figure out whether or not a Charger was for me. This board has helped me move toward the "yes" area.

Tom
It does have 6 disc capacity, and is MP3 compatable.
I don't know how it sounds, because mine hasn't been built yet...Sorry. :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waited37Years said:
It does have 6 disc capacity, and is MP3 compatable.
I don't know how it sounds, because mine hasn't been built yet...Sorry. :sad:
Thanks, what kind of Charger did you order and when did you order it? I am just trying to get an idea of when my car will arrive after I order it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
I ordered a Daytona on 6-22
As of 7-5 it was Status "D" with a VIN number
They also gave me an estimated build date of 8-1
Ordered;
Nav System
Electronics Conv Grp 1
U Connect
Smokers Grp

I don't smoke but I wanted a 12V electrical outlet on the dash board to plug in my Radar Detector, otherwise you would have to plug it in on the inside of the console where they plan for the cell phone to be charged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
The sound group II system sounds awesome! Everyone who's been in my car so far has complimented the sound (among other things). It offers plenty of 'kick' for my tastes and now I don't have to deal with trying to install some aftermarket system, which people are having difficulites with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
I think it sounds great the subwoofer is a small 8 inch speaker but i'll tell you it puts out more bass than my MACH 1000 stereo system I had in my old 03 Mustang GT and that had 2 10 inch kickers in the trunk with six amps. For some reason the system is more clear with the volume all the way up when you use the CD player or the satalite radio then when you use the radio. I think it might have something to do with reception from the radio antenna that is built into the back window or we are just getting more amps with the CD and satalite radio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ANTMAG06 said:
I think it sounds great the subwoofer is a small 8 inch speaker but i'll tell you it puts out more bass than my MACH 1000 stereo system I had in my old 03 Mustang GT and that had 2 10 inch kickers in the trunk with six amps. For some reason the system is more clear with the volume all the way up when you use the CD player or the satalite radio then when you use the radio. I think it might have something to do with reception from the radio antenna that is built into the back window or we are just getting more amps with the CD and satalite radio.
The one I am looking at is a black R/T with R&T Perf Package (why the hell did they have to make that so long and difficult to type), black (dark gray) interior. Basically all of the options MINUS the back seat video player, remote starter, smokers package and protection package.

The reason why the stereo sounds better from CD or sat radio is the quality of the signal into the receiver. In a nutshell, CD and sat are digital formats with very low distortion. Over air radio (AM/FM) has a very high level of distortion, which sounds worse as you go up in volume. I am glad to hear about the quality of the system, my Maxima's Bose system sounds good (mids are INCREDIBLE), but lacks on the low tones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Forgot to say this I would get the smokers package if I were you. For the $35 it gives you another 12V outlet up front. It comes in handy for me when I have my cell phone pluged in and my iPod pluged in the center console. You can always use another outlet. But I might be wrong maybe someone else can tell us what Dodge did with this space in the front center console without the smokers group installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Guys I have a Midnight Blue R/T with most options, its fast as hell and I love it! I have the Nav system with Sound Group II and it is very satisfying to me. It has 6CD/MP/SAT and is sooooo much nicer than the regular 'RAQ' 6CD/MP3 player (which I orginally had - Upgraded to NAV). So my car has all the options except "Road and Track" "Protection Package" "Rear seat video (I prefer a portable video solution)" and "Smokers Group". This car is a dream to drive and IMHO very nice looking too! Lots of stares and thumbs up!

Regarding the Smokers Option... The car comes with an ashtray and a 12 Volt outlet (minus the cigarette lighter) as standard or part of the convenience group option. The smokers group justs adds the lighter. So unless you want the lighter I would not worry about the smokers group, you get the ashtray and outlet as a standard (the outlet has a cap/plug over it and it is in addition to the oulet in the console compartment).

My dealer told me that for 1800 plus installation, they would modify my R/T to add the Road and Track Package, which will be available as an upgrade kit. Anyone else been told that? I am very satisfied so I am not sure that I would even be interested. This car rides like a dream and and very fast. I prefer the lighter color leather interior too, which adds a distinctive look to the car and contrasts so well with the two-tone dash/doors.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
Thanks Chargin06 I have not seen another charger yet. I bought the first one my dealer got in Eastern North Carolina so I was not sure what the standard was when the smokers group was not added.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chargin06 said:
Guys I have a Midnight Blue R/T with most options, its fast as hell and I love it! I have the Nav system with Sound Group II and it is very satisfying to me. It has 6CD/MP/SAT and is sooooo much nicer than the regular 'RAQ' 6CD/MP3 player (which I orginally had - Upgraded to NAV). So my car has all the options except "Road and Track" "Protection Package" "Rear seat video (I prefer a portable video solution)" and "Smokers Group". This car is a dream to drive and IMHO very nice looking too! Lots of stares and thumbs up!

Regarding the Smokers Option... The car comes with an ashtray and a 12 Volt outlet (minus the cigarette lighter) as standard or part of the convenience group option. The smokers group justs adds the lighter. So unless you want the lighter I would not worry about the smokers group, you get the ashtray and outlet as a standard (the outlet has a cap/plug over it and it is in addition to the oulet in the console compartment).

My dealer told me that for 1800 plus installation, they would modify my R/T to add the Road and Track Package, which will be available as an upgrade kit. Anyone else been told that? I am very satisfied so I am not sure that I would even be interested. This car rides like a dream and and very fast. I prefer the lighter color leather interior too, which adds a distinctive look to the car and contrasts so well with the two-tone dash/doors.
1800 seems high since I think that the MSRP for the Road and Track Performance Package is only 1600 on a new car. Plus they are making you pay for installation on top of it.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top