Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of swapping out my cats for catless(got a good deal)..what kind of power gains can I expect???If any

·
Registered
182 Posts
around 15 RWHP.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
You'll need a proper tune with that. What price did you get on them?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
about 100 bucks and can i tune it with the preditor

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
For that price? Do it!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
182 Posts
You do not need a tune with only adding cat-less mids. Come on now that's silly. Due expect to smell the gas fumes and hear a slightly louder rumble.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
You can also expect a hefty fine depending on where you live.

I have a catless setup (cause we dont require them here) and it is a louder sound, goes well with my Borla setup. It'd be a very sweet setup with a set of LTs! Go for it!

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Im about to be doing the SRT headers, cats and catback............

So If i live in a state that does NOT do emissions, cutting the cats out and replacing them with pipe for $60 will yield better results then a $400 set of Magnaflow high flow cats?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
For all those that gut cats or remove them and say "Well my state does not have emission testing you better know this.

It is ONLY LEGAL to to replace your CAT's if you have failed state inspection/test, OR it has more than 50,000 miles on it, OR its 5 years old, OR its missing. Replacing a CAT with a High flow if the car does not meet the above is illegal in all 50 states. (that includes gutting and straight pipes)

Any other replacing of a CAT CON is breaking FEDERAL EPA LAWS and you are subject to fines. If you ever take your car in for service, you could be fined as by law all mechanics are required to report any tampering or alteration to the system.

Having said that, lots of mechanics look the other way, but you never know where you may need service.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i have deleted cats and LTs and didnt feel any difference. actually i lost it on the bottom side which was expected. but i dont feel anything different anywhere else.

·
Registered
297 Posts
about 100 bucks and can i tune it with the preditor
I see you have the Flowmaster Super 44's and no reso's. I was thinking about deleting my resonators too. How do you like it?

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
i have deleted cats and LTs and didnt feel any difference. actually i lost it on the bottom side which was expected. but i dont feel anything different anywhere else.
I feel a huge difference. But I think much like adding a larger TB, going catless is something that is pointless unless you're sporting a 392 or bigger.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the 44's they are loud, but sound great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts