Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jus got a 2017 Dodge Charger sxt a few weeks ago , So far i installed a cold air intake, and put flowmaster 10's instead of the stock mufflers

But i just wanted to know if an oil catch can would be worth it , i do want to preserve the life this car has and will be having it for a long time , doing more mods on it and making it better. Also what brand should i use?

Any other performance mods for the sxt or bolt on, please let me know, as well as exterior mods that'll fit an sxt, just trying to get into the mopar world with my first car !

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
The stock PCV valve on the 3.6 has a built in oil separator (little fan blades) so it doesn't let a bunch of gunk get into the intake manifold like the V-8s do. I current have the 3.6 in three cars (had it in a fourth that got totaled) and very little gets in the intake manifold, and none of them have ever used a drop of oil either. (I had one manifold off to change the oil pressure sender, had another off when I replaced it with the PUG lower intake).
(see pics that show how clean everything was)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
How many miles where they at when you took those pics? Just curious

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had one on my 2008 SXT and it grabbed a good amount of oil. Can't speak on the newer V6's as I upgraded to the 5.7 and works well on that

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stock PCV valve on the 3.6 has a built in oil separator (little fan blades) so it doesn't let a bunch of gunk get into the intake manifold like the V-8s do. I current have the 3.6 in three cars (had it in a fourth that got totaled) and very little gets in the intake manifold, and none of them have ever used a drop of oil either. (I had one manifold off to change the oil pressure sender, had another off when I replaced it with the PUG lower intake).
(see pics that show how clean everything was)
thanks alot yo

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
How many miles where they at when you took those pics? Just curious

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The manifold one has close to 30K, the pic of the block is from the the wife's Rallye, approx 39K

·
Registered
80 Posts
I realize the PCV on the pentastar has an oil separator but i installed a catch can anyway. I empty it when i change the oil every 3k, it is usually about 1/4 full. It tends to fill up faster in the colder weather, probably due to condensation.

carstuff3.jpg

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Yo, what state you from? Some are getting strict on catch cans because it's an alteration to the PCV system and they'll fail it during the visual inspection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts