Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to owning a hemi (used to have a 2.7)and I'm trying to learn what I can about it. I have seen a lot of people talking about catch cans, and i started researching. It seems this is a pretty important thing to have, and i want to make sure i get it right when i purchase one. So what do i need to look for when i make the purchase? It seems billet tech is pretty popular. I found one on speedlogix for about 100 bucks and I'm wondering if that would work. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I had an '06 SRT8 for many years (loved it). I read so much on the catch cans that I was sold on them, and immediately got one from Billett. I was amazed by how much oil was in it every few thousand miles. I just took delivery on a new 2014 Charger Police car with 5.7 and won't drive it until the catch can arrives! Should've order it sooner. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. I have had the car since Saturday, so it has been a painful wait!

It filters your PCV system and doesn't allow any diluted oil back into the crankcase. I'd go with the Billett one. They really are the best ones, IMO.

Reactions: baller1015

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had an '06 SRT8 for many years (loved it). I read so much on the catch cans that I was sold on them, and immediately got one from Billett. I was amazed by how much oil was in it every few thousand miles. I just took delivery on a new 2014 Charger Police car with 5.7 and won't drive it until the catch can arrives! Should've order it sooner. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. I have had the car since Saturday, so it has been a painful wait!

It filters your PCV system and doesn't allow any diluted oil back into the crankcase. I'd go with the Billett one. They really are the best ones, IMO.
Awesome! If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase yours from? I have a 14 with the 5.7L also.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Awesome! If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase yours from? I have a 14 with the 5.7L also.
I guess you mean the car, not the catch can.

Butler Chrysler Jeep Dodge Beaufort, SC. They are big in fleet sales.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I got the Catch Can directly from BT.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the Catch Can directly from BT.
Great, thanks. I was trying to look on there site but couldn't seem to find it. I'm on my phone though and I'm sure i just missed it. I'll check when i get home.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got my billet catch can in the mail today. I paid $104 from www.marylandspeed.com. You can also pick. Specific color as well. Took less than 5 minutes to install on mr 2013 R/T.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the difference between a standard and a z bracket? I'd like to keep my engine cover on if possible.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: SRT8U

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Mine is a police package so it did not have engine cover. I thought I wanted to mount it with Z bracket, but after I received and went to mount it, found out I much prefer the mounting without the Z bracket. No popping out wire harness, although not a big deal, and doesn't sit up so high without Z bracket. Also, when installing with the Z bracket on my 2014, the bottom of the can had to press (just lightly but still bugged me) against a double wire harness.

If you want the Z bracket pm me and you can have it. I will send it to you. Sorry I don't have any pics right now, but watch go to www.billettechnology.com and watch their instructional video on the different installs and you will see. I guess because they are installing it on a different year Charger than mine you don't see the wire harness my can had to press up against, just where you have to pop out the plastic push pin.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine is a police package so it did not have engine cover. I thought I wanted to mount it with Z bracket, but after I received and went to mount it, found out I much prefer the mounting without the Z bracket. No popping out wire harness, although not a big deal, and doesn't sit up so high without Z bracket. Also, when installing with the Z bracket on my 2014, the bottom of the can had to press (just lightly but still bugged me) against a double wire harness.

If you want the Z bracket pm me and you can have it. I will send it to you. Sorry I don't have any pics right now, but watch go to www.billettechnology.com and watch their instructional video on the different installs and you will see. I guess because they are installing it on a different year Charger than mine you don't see the wire harness my can had to press up against, just where you have to pop out the plastic push pin.
Thanks for the info. Yeah i would like to keep my engine cover, and the rubbing against the wiring would bug me too. But thanks again for the info!

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Thanks for the info. Yeah i would like to keep my engine cover, and the rubbing against the wiring would bug me too. But thanks again for the info!
Ok, then you will need the Z bracket. If you want mine just pm address and I will send it to you no charge.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, then you will need the Z bracket. If you want mine just pm address and I will send it to you no charge.
I'm confused, I may have read your previous post wrong. I thought you said that it sat up higher and hit a wiring harness with the Z bracket?

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I'm confused, I may have read your previous post wrong. I thought you said that it sat up higher and hit a wiring harness with the Z bracket?
Sorry for confusion. It does sit up higher with the Z bracket, and the bottom of the can was just barely pushing against the wire harness that you pop out of it's holder to use for bolting in the Z bracket. I probably should'nt have even mentioned the part about the can touching the harness. It's just me being OCD. From what I understood from guys at Billettechnology, you need the Z bracket if you are keeping your engine cover. I could be wrong. I would check with them or our supporting vendor that posted on page 1, and if you determine you need the Z bracket, save yourself a few bucks and I will give you my brand new one.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry for confusion. It does sit up higher with the Z bracket, and the bottom of the can was just barely pushing against the wire harness that you pop out of it's holder to use for bolting in the Z bracket. I probably should'nt have even mentioned the part about the can touching the harness. It's just me being OCD. From what I understood from guys at Billettechnology, you need the Z bracket if you are keeping your engine cover. I could be wrong. I would check with them or our supporting vendor that posted on page 1, and if you determine you need the Z bracket, save yourself a few bucks and I will give you my brand new one.
Haha no worries man I'm ocd with my cars too. I'll check with the vendor and see what i need, and I'll let you know if I need the Z bracket. Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts