Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, parked in the garage and noticed that the car had what sounded like 'compressed' air noise pouring out of the engine bay...Odd... Popped the hood and looked and looked then noticed that the 'new' catch can I just put in 3 weeks or so ago, is having issues. The intake on the left side of the can (the little 90 degree plug) has cracked in the bend and it looks like the other side will crack as well.
It's not like there is pressure on them pushing them outside of the bend.

I can't really figure out why it would be this weak. :confused: Any ideas? I guess, I can send them back to BT. Maybe they will send me some new ones?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
bt will deff replace them give them a phone call.

·
Super Moderator
11,602 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
thats odd!! the brass 90's must have been defects. call heidie or scott on monday and they will hook you up. untill then bypass the catch can if you have to drive it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I always keep my stock PCV hose sealed in a zip-loc bag in the trunk in case something goes wrong with the catch-can hose, or have other problems like you are having. Don't want to be far from home and have the catch-can hardware/hoses go bad.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
thats odd!! the brass 90's must have been defects. call heidie or scott on monday and they will hook you up. untill then bypass the catch can if you have to drive it.
Steve they are not using the brass 90's anymore, they are using plastic 90's.
Definitely call BT they will get it sorted out.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Well, parked in the garage and noticed that the car had what sounded like 'compressed' air noise pouring out of the engine bay...Odd... Popped the hood and looked and looked then noticed that the 'new' catch can I just put in 3 weeks or so ago, is having issues. The intake on the left side of the can (the little 90 degree plug) has cracked in the bend and it looks like the other side will crack as well.
It's not like there is pressure on them pushing them outside of the bend.

I can't really figure out why it would be this weak. :confused: Any ideas? I guess, I can send them back to BT. Maybe they will send me some new ones?
I'm using the new black plastic fittings too and haven't noticed anything weird about them ... will have to check them out closely soon ...

Can you post a pic of the damage ?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
If its 3 weeks old it should be the black plastic right?
Never had problems with my brass and im sure BT will take care of you ASAP!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the same exact thing happen to me!! I want the brass ones, the plastic sux!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Good to know. I just put a BT can on mine and yes, they are plastic. Can we get brass ones somewhere? I wonder why they went plastic.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
To the OP Shoot me an email with your info and I will send a replacement out to you.
As far as the fitting being plastic they are not,they are composite.Same thing you might think but it isnt.These fittings will sustain a continuous 300* where plastic will not.

We changed to the black fittings after many complaints that they were ugly lol so we switched.

Not sure how they cracked as I had these on my car 6 months before we ever sold them with Zero issues.But with all out products we offer a 1yr warantee..

BTW If you have an issue with our products might I suggest putting it under our section or shooting us an email/PM.I assure you the issue will get resolved much faster that way..Thanks

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
To the OP Shoot me an email with your info and I will send a replacement out to you.
As far as the fitting being plastic they are not,they are composite.Same thing you might think but it isnt.These fittings will sustain a continuous 300* where plastic will not.

We changed to the black fittings after many complaints that they were ugly lol so we switched.

Not sure how they cracked as I had these on my car 6 months before we ever sold them with Zero issues.But with all out products we offer a 1yr warantee..

BTW If you have an issue with our products might I suggest putting it under our section or shooting us an email/PM.I assure you the issue will get resolved much faster that way..Thanks
Scott will take care of ya!:driving:

·
Registered
563 Posts
this is why BT rocks!! :yes:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Will Do. Thanks!

I just hooked up my original hose so I'm good to drive her until I get the replacement fittings.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I always keep my stock PCV hose sealed in a zip-loc bag in the trunk in case something goes wrong with the catch-can hose, or have other problems like you are having. Don't want to be far from home and have the catch-can hardware/hoses go bad.
That is a GREAT idea. I'll have to do the same when I get mine! :beerchug:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow, thanks BT i already recieved my replacement pieces, thanks for the great customer service!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Replacements showed up in the mail today! Already installed and ready to go. Stuck the factory in the zip lock and tucked it away in the trunk.:D

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Mine broke recently too.
I could hear it sucking air.
I'm going to write a PM to 1FST4DR and ask for help.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
BT will deff handle the situation for ya....i`m still scrathing my head trying to figure out why they did away with the brass fitting`s in favor of plastic...opps, i mean composite. Scotts the man and he will take care of you.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts