Well then Happy Birthday Catch Can LOL.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Happy Sludgetastic Birthday! Good idea to keep it all in one spot as a reminder of what it's doing for you. No matter what the official engineers say, my personal 2c is that I don't want that stuff going back into the engine, so it is a Good Thing (tm).

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
At first I was like..whoa, thats a chunk of oil there but then started running the numbers-

16oz = 9600 drops, and over 20,000 miles is about 2 drops per mile, and consumed by 8 cylinders is 1/4 drop per cylinder ea. mile.

Figuring 1500 rpm's @ 60 mph means ea. cylinder will see 90000 piston strokes divided by 4 for 22500 intake strokes.
Here my math begins to trouble me splitting 1/4 drop across 22500 intake strokes to find out how much oil each combustion cycle has to consume.

Not trying to rain on the b-day, just got caught up in the numbers.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
At first I was like..whoa, thats a chunk of oil there but then started running the numbers-

16oz = 9600 drops, and over 20,000 miles is about 2 drops per mile, and consumed by 8cylinder is 1/4 drop per cylinder ea. mile.

Figuring 1500 rpm's @ 60 mph means ea. cylinder will see 90000 piston strokes divided by 4 for 22500 intake strokes.
Here my math begins to trouble me splitting 1/4 drop across 22500 intake strokes to find out how much oil each combustion cycle has to consume.

Not trying to rain of the b-day, just got caught up in the numbers.
Dude, your nuts, easy with the math, your hurting my brain.:confused:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
My catch can waste jar is getting up there... Happy B-day little catch can:cowsmile:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
That's a pretty funny idea, saving it like that! Adds up, don't it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts