Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought and installed a Jardine catback exhaust system, nice quality, good fittment, great price, however, there are no resonators, just straight pipe with nice tips from the mufflers back. I notice that on the Flowmaster, Borla, MagnaFlow etc. that they all have resonators as part of their system. The car now reacts slowly, unless under full load (under hard acceleration). It just seems to hesitate and is not quite as quick and sharp under "normal" driving. Can this be because there is not enough backpressure, and I in fact need resonators? I have a good cold air intake as well, no other mods other than cosmetic (wheels & grill). This is my first post, so if this topic has been discussed before I apologize, any thoughts, anyone?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I recently bought and installed a Jardine catback exhaust system, nice quality, good fittment, great price, however, there are no resonators, just straight pipe with nice tips from the mufflers back. I notice that on the Flowmaster, Borla, MagnaFlow etc. that they all have resonators as part of their system. The car now reacts slowly, unless under full load (under hard acceleration). It just seems to hesitate and is not quite as quick and sharp under "normal" driving. Can this be because there is not enough backpressure, and I in fact need resonators? I have a good cold air intake as well, no other mods other than cosmetic (wheels & grill). This is my first post, so if this topic has been discussed before I apologize, any thoughts, anyone?
no resinators give you power when u take them off.... so NO you dont want them on, and Jardine i never heard of lol but if its an performance exhaust system and the pipes are bigger in diameter then yea its goin to help you because our stock pipes are 2 or 2.25 hopefully your jardine is atleast a 2.75-3

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
resonators work more like putting your hand over a ringing bell. They normally are pretty straight through and not very restrictive. In fact the resos on our cars are more for mds drone than anthing else. i wouldnt put them back on.
Pull fuse 11, get in car put key in acc2 (where gauges pop up) and wait for beep. Pull key out and go put fuse back in. Give it about a week and see what happens. If it goes back to the same worse performance then call that company and see what they say. Really it shouldnt drop your performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts