Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to install the magnaflow cat back exhaust for the do it yourselfer? My car is an 06 Charger RT.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
I've done it several times in my driveway on ramps. (Magnaflow on my V6, flowmasters on the V8, Borla, and finally the Magnaflow on the V8)

It's easier with a lift. removal of the old pipes, from the mid pipes (just downstream from the cats) is the most difficult part, it can be difficult to separate the X pipe from the mid-pipes.

You'll have issues with banging /clunking if you don't have the pipes pushed up off the prop shaft tunnel cross brace (dog bone thingy), then tighten the joints/connections. This will ensure adequate clearance over the prop shaft tunnel cross brace.

Basic hand tools needed: P'blaster/spray penetrant, 1/2" drive socket set, dead blow/rubber mallet. Air tools make it much easier.

Pretty easy to do if you can change spark plugs and your own oil.

Check for adequate clearance, you will likely get clunks and rattles your first time...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks for the info, it will save me a couple hundred $$$ doing it myself.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
889 Posts
I think if you don't have the proper ramps, tools and patience to do it right then I would spend the money and have a local exhaust shop do it. I know saving money is awesome and doing things yourself is great but this job is so much better suited on a lift especially as some people have rattles and don't get the exhaust on perfectly. Then you have to waste more of your time fixing it and or listening to Rattles while you drive.
Good luck either way man, and if you can post some pics of your progress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts