Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happen to anyone? Driver's side cooling fan lost 2 blades, scraped up the radiator but no leak at this area. Two errant fan blades go through the passenger side fan, shatter 2 more blades, all of this shrapnel goes through the radiator!
The car has 60K miles on it, I've never seen electric fans come apart like this.

I've got the fans out, now trying to remove the radiator. Any easy way to unbolt the AC condenser and trans cooler???

Thanks,
Todd

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
there was a recall on this fans doing the selfdestruct....you need to do some research on this..had my srt done

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I was sent a recall notice and had to make an appointment..I'd call dodge and check and see if your vin was included..if so..they would have to replace everything..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I'll contact the dealership on Monday. I know the car has been there since the TSB was issued. Wonder if they'll cover the radiator too? I'd be happy if they'd cover parts, I've already got the fans out, was working on the radiator, but having a hard time unbolting the A/C condenser and the AT cooler. Does the front fascia need to come off?? I hope not.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again guys, Going to the dealer tomorrow. I was told it will be covered but I have to pay for the tow to the dealership and pay for my rental car from the dealership. Better than nuthin'!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts