Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to u all guys ..

have a question ..
is it safe to take off the two catalytic converters ??

will i get more power, any diffrent in back pressure ! , what about the sound and viberations ?

so what do u think of takin them off and weld a pipes insted ?

as i knw the ( check engine light ) will turn on !

any advices !!

note: i have cut back borla exhaust sys ..

thx ..

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Buy the JBA high flows from a vendor here for around $400. You pick up HP, throttle response, a deeper note to your exhaust. It's worth it, and no codes. You'll get codes with just pipes, but I hear you can get by that too.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
tHE ONLY PROBLEM i KNOW OF IS THE O2 UPSTREAM AND DOWN STREAM O2 senors..
I don't know if you have R/T,R/T but the R/T package has fairly free cats,

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Exhaust smells like crap with no cats, but that's a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
you should talk randysways hes a member who hollowed out his cats pretty much same thing as removing them. if you do it probly gonna throw some codes causing a check engine light, same thing with switching to long tubed headers.

·
Registered
507 Posts
i took my cats of when i had my zoomers on. it mad the car a whole lot louder, added drone even to the zoomers system, but i liked the sound and my butt dyno said i gained close to 15 hp. . downsides, the CEL poped up pretty quickly, it did smell bad, and if cops find out ur running catless, its a big arse fine. if i could go back instead of cuting the cats i would of just invested that money into JBA hi flows. .

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Wouldn't advise removing cats. Just creates more problems then it's worth. Like others have stated, just buy hi-flo cats, and everyone is happy.

problems: your exhaust fails emission stds, throw CEL or MIL codes, can cause HAL to make crappy timing adjustments based on codes thrown, huge fine if caught without them, blah blah blah....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm running Kooks LT with hiflow cats and no cels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:) thatnks to u all guys for what u have said ..

so its abvious, and all of u agreed not to take the cats off and anstall hi-flo insted !

its seems good .. but would any1 tell me what is exactly the ( hight flow pipes ) where r they located ! , what diffrence in pawer and sound dose they make !

cuse i really dont knw much about them ..

r they the pic in attachment !

thx again for ur quick reaction ;)

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.