Charger Forums banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
GoDaddy, did you get your new sesnors yet? Also did you try swapping the rear two sensors and see if the problem carried over to the other side?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
last night i jacked her up and i have 4 good starts and runs on the car and it is still there....oh damn - i forgot to say what i did (or didn't do)...i ended up just pulling one fo the foulers off to just have one fouler setup like maneval has on his long tubes. but like i said...it still hasn't reset the cel. so tonight i am going to jack her back up and switch the left and right rear sensors. see what happens from there.........

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
GoDaddy said:
last night i jacked her up and i have 4 good starts and runs on the car and it is still there....oh damn - i forgot to say what i did (or didn't do)...i ended up just pulling one fo the foulers off to just have one fouler setup like maneval has on his long tubes. but like i said...it still hasn't reset the cel. so tonight i am going to jack her back up and switch the left and right rear sensors. see what happens from there.........
Leave both foulers in there, you run the risk of setting a new set of codes if you only run one fouler per side. The fouler's aren't your problem. I still believe its that sensor. You'll know right away when you switch sides.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
GoDaddy said:
You probably know this but I though this would be a good time to post this info. I can't remember seeing it posted before but here is the manuals definition of a "Trip".

TRIP DEFINITION
A “Trip” means vehicle operation (following an engine-off period) of duration and driving mode such that all components and systems are monitored at least once by the diagnostic system. The monitors must successfully pass before the PCM can verify that a previously malfunctioning component is meeting the normal operating conditions of that component. For misfire or fuel system malfunction, the MIL may be extinguished if the fault does not recur when monitored during three subsequent sequential driving cycles in which conditions are similar to those under which the malfunction was first determined.
Anytime the MIL is illuminated, a DTC is stored. The DTC can self erase only after the MIL has been extinguished. Once the MIL is extinguished, the PCM must pass the diagnostic test for the most recent DTC for 40 warm-up cycles (80 warm-up cycles for the Fuel System Monitor and the Misfire Monitor). A warm-up cycle can best be
described by the following:
² The engine must be running
² A rise of 40°F in engine temperature must occur from the time when the engine was started
² Engine coolant temperature must crossover 160°F
² A “driving cycle” that consists of engine start up and engine shut off.
Once the above conditions occur, the PCM is considered to have passed a warm-up cycle. Due to the conditions required to extinguish the MIL and erase the DTC, it is most important that after a repair has been made, all DTC’s be erased and the repair verified by running 1–good trip.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Blkout said:
Leave both foulers in there, you run the risk of setting a new set of codes if you only run one fouler per side. The fouler's aren't your problem. I still believe its that sensor. You'll know right away when you switch sides.
i am switching sides tonight and putting the foulers back to normal....i will see what happens from there.....

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
maneval69 said:
You probably know this but I though this would be a good time to post this info. I can't remember seeing it posted before but here is the manuals definition of a "Trip".
good info but yeah i understand exactly....i have been on 4 (make that 5) full starts with running around town today and it still hasn't reset which leads me to believe i have made no difference. so i am doing like i mentioned above to blkout.......

also blkout i have the sensors on stand by.....i can get them from a supporter over at lxforums.com for 40.00 (both rear downstream o2 sensors), so if the switching of o2 sensors leads to a "bank" change then i am going to place my order.

i will let everyone know what happens. i have to do quite a bit of driving over town on errands so i should see results in the day with switch them around.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
GoDaddy said:
good info but yeah i understand exactly....i have been on 4 (make that 5) full starts with running around town today and it still hasn't reset which leads me to believe i have made no difference. so i am doing like i mentioned above to blkout.......

also blkout i have the sensors on stand by.....i can get them from a supporter over at lxforums.com for 40.00 (both rear downstream o2 sensors), so if the switching of o2 sensors leads to a "bank" change then i am going to place my order.

i will let everyone know what happens. i have to do quite a bit of driving over town on errands so i should see results in the day with switch them around.

Cool, let me know. $40 sounds about right for both, I'm amazed at how cheap the O2 sensors are for these cars. However, since they are so cheap, I also tend to believe they are not very reliable and damage easily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what was the answer you got and how did you remedy it?i had JBA longtubes installed on my 2010 R/T and had to delete the catsbecause with the kind of headers i got there was no room. the ****er didnt inform me about it till after the installion.so either maybe a o2 delete somehow or buy cats and put them where the resonators were. also have a diablo ex platinum tuner if thats another route lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2008 Dodge Charger se 2.7 v6... a year ago I received engine lights for the catalytic converter‘s on both sides. I replaced both of the catalytic converters and all 4 oxygen sensors also did the engine tune up. Now after clearing codes and unplugging the battery I’m receiving Codes p2096, p0133, p2096p... I keep erasing the codes and unplugging battery the same 3 codes keep coming back I don’t understand why. Can anyone help me please?

101 - 110 of 110 Posts