Charger Forums banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
cip5150 said:
godaddy, never even heard of anyone getting that code. did you make sure you didnt get any antiseize on the sensors? just a thought.
well, funny story.....i was out of anti seize compound and was too lazy to go to the store so that isn't an issue.....:D

i did notice how much carbon that was on my o2 sensors.....it was caked on and i was afraid to clean it off b/c it is so easy to damage those sensors.....

was anyone else's o2 sensors caked with carbon?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I still suspect the gas I use...

I had no CELs for about 3 months, then getting gas at a place CELs have followed before... at 1/2 tank P0420,0430 came back.

This time I put on one set of spacers but only after I'd burned about 1/8th tank of gas from a known "good" place. About 30 miles after the spacers the CEL light went away. I STILL think it was the gas, but I have to get inspected this month so I need a) the codes gone, and b)enough test data collected to pass OBDII inspection.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i just don't think the gas is an issue for me....i use the same place to fuel up my car (close to my home) and before superchips i would go thousands of miles without a cel.....i just don't know.

but this one is new to me....i saw your brother got this cel a while back on lxforums.com but then nothing is mentioned about it....i am not sure if he found a fix or if it went out on its own. hopefully he can chime in on this one and let me know if he has had issues with this....to me it sounds like it is backed out to far....but then cip, blkout and few others are doing 2 spacers with no troubles..........:confused:

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
GoDaddy said:
ok peeps....lol....sorry. traded one code for another.....i got the p2096 - post catalyst fuel trim system too lean bank 1.

i put the o2 mechanical sims on sunday and got rid of the 420 and 430 and now i have this one...i wonder if i am backed too far out of the exhaust stream using both of the foulers in conjunction with each other.....

any thoughts.....

my next bet is to take one of the spacers off and just go with a one only spacer....

anyone, bueller, bueller.......lol

Are you sure its P2096? The SM I'm looking at shows P2097 but no P2096.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
GD are you using two sim spacers per o2 ? Only one per sensor is all that's needed.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i am using this entire setup...which according to maneval equates to 2 foulers put together....one has a small opening (the lower one) and the second one on top of the bottom is opened up so a o2 sensor will fit inside it easily.....

should i only be running the top one and forget about the bottom piece. i reset the code earlier and just tripped it again in less than one full trip on the road. so there is an issue.......

anyone with more brains than me? :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Using both spacers should be fine. My first guess is that O2 sensor is damaged. Try replacing it. They are dirt cheap, it should only cost about $20-25. You could try unplugging it completely and see if you still get the code, I'm thinking maybe its shorted internally causing a false code.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
anyone know the part number at autozone or advance autoparts.....either that or i will just go to dodge. probably cheaper the first way though.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
GoDaddy said:
anyone know the part number at autozone or advance autoparts.....either that or i will just go to dodge. probably cheaper the first way though.

You have to go to Dodge, but the good news is that the price I quoted is straight from Dodge. The sensors on these cars are VERY cheap. Here's another trick you could try, switch the rear O2 sensors and see if the code then goes to the other side of the vehicle. If it stays with that sensor even on the other side, you know its just the sensor. If the code still stays on the same side, you know its something on that bank causing it.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
GoDaddy said:
When it comes to replacing HEGOs, don't skimp on them and get OE types. Aftermarket HEGOs might be a little cheaper, but they are not as good as the originals. :smile:

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
GoDaddy said:
this shows the top and bottom parts better.....

I misunderstood what you were saying origonally. The two together with one drilled thru and the other with a small hole per side is the way there intended to be used. I agree with blkout swapping sensors from bank 1 to bank2 and see if the code returns. And arfur was right about not skimping on the cheap o2's.. If yours were "carbonated" then i would replace them .

One last thought i have cleaned o2 sensors with throttle body cleaner in the past and it worked. Make sure to allow plenty of drying time though.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
ok guys and gals (arfur - lol).....i am going to dodge to pick up some o2 sensors (2 for each rear side) and then work from there.

they are carb'd bad....very thick. so i thought that would be an issue on sunday, but didn't show up until today.

thanks guys and i will report back with my findings.

edit - will do this tomorrow, dodge parts is closed now. oops.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Blkout did you see legmakers car with the v1's !/!/???? That looks sick!!! Any word on yours yet ? Joshua said mine should be here this week!! We need to do a group install..

·
Registered
481 Posts
heres the part numbers.56028994aa,56028996aa,front and rear. 23 bucks each jobber price. hope this helps godaddy.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
thanks cip i appreciate it sir!

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
slickrick said:
Blkout did you see legmakers car with the v1's !/!/???? That looks sick!!! Any word on yours yet ? Joshua said mine should be here this week!! We need to do a group install..

Mine will be here Wednesday and I'll have them done by Thursday morning. I will not be lowering that much though. I just wanted a 1" drop over the factory setup and the rear slightly lower so that its level.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
arfur said:
When it comes to replacing HEGOs, don't skimp on them and get OE types. Aftermarket HEGOs might be a little cheaper, but they are not as good as the originals. :smile:
WTF does HEGO mean? Is that like Wanka? Or Bollocks? Or Summat? Or Danglies? :tongue:

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
HemiChemi said:
WTF does HEGO mean? Is that like Wanka? Or Bollocks? Or Summat? Or Danglies? :tongue:
LOLOL - nah - it's what they are actually called (the popular name being lamda (sp?) sensor.

Hot Exhaust Gas Oxygen = HEGO. :D

Things you never knew that you didn't need to know about......:smile:

81 - 100 of 110 Posts