Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading so many messages from "Trolls" and old Charger lovers regarding Charger sales I decided to make a few points.

1) DCX cannot build enough Chargers to meet demand. (Good and Bad)

2) Bottom line the the Big 3 is "How many did we sell" and "What are the revenues"

Ford does not make another car that is even remotely close to the Mustang in style and looks NONE PERIOD! If your a Ford guy what are your choices??? A Mustang, a Ford 500 (UGLY), a Taurus (HAHA) or a Crown Vic??? If you jump ship to Mercury or Lincoln then the choices increase to: LS (Not Bad), town car, Montego (500 Clone), Sable (Taurus Clone)...

Take that in for a minute... after you do, you will see why there are so many dedicated Mustang owners, Ford does not have another car that is even close to the Stang in regards to SPEED, Power and style... If your FORD dedicated what choice do you have??? This simply explains why FORD sells so many Mustangs.

As far as DCX goes, lets see.... What choices of desireable cars do they have: Charger R/T, Magnum R/T, 300 C/M, Stratus R/T, Crossfire, SRT4 Neon.... and many others... Why is DCX a better company than Ford??? More desireable selections BY FAR!!! The buyers are spread out...

At least Pontiac gives the buyer a choice between the GTO, Grand Prix and Bonneville... All nice cars!

So when comparing numbers sold, people need to look at the numbers of vehicles built total vs the number sold total. Charger may not sell as many as Mustangs, but then again what choice does the Ford guy have vs what choice does the Mopar/DCX guy have???

Case dismissed!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Never thought about it that way - you're right, ford has jack **** regarding selection...

Also, you didn't mention GM's corvette

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey CHARGIN06. YOU DA MAN!!!!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
jamphat said:
Never thought about it that way - you're right, ford has jack **** regarding selection...

Also, you didn't mention GM's corvette
It's true. The Corvette is the same way :embarrese

It's the fastest and most beautiful car in GMs line-up. If your just talking chevy, then the next step down is a Cobalt SS :sick:

Of course GM offers the GTO, SSR, and a bunch a caddys, but most of them just have a detuned Corvette engine in a less attractive package.

So as a Corvette guy, when I went shopping for a new large car I ended up at the Dodge dealer :) Still, GM has better options than ford, even if they can't touch DCX.

:cool:

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's actually what I was trying to say, that the corvette was another offering in GM's lineup, in addition to the GTO etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
chargin06 said:
After reading so many messages from "Trolls" and old Charger lovers regarding Charger sales I decided to make a few points.

1) DCX cannot build enough Chargers to meet demand. (Good and Bad)

2) Bottom line the the Big 3 is "How many did we sell" and "What are the revenues"

Ford does not make another car that is even remotely close to the Mustang in style and looks NONE PERIOD! If your a Ford guy what are your choices??? A Mustang, a Ford 500 (UGLY), a Taurus (HAHA) or a Crown Vic??? If you jump ship to Mercury or Lincoln then the choices increase to: LS (Not Bad), town car, Montego (500 Clone), Sable (Taurus Clone)...

Take that in for a minute... after you do, you will see why there are so many dedicated Mustang owners, Ford does not have another car that is even close to the Stang in regards to SPEED, Power and style... If your FORD dedicated what choice do you have??? This simply explains why FORD sells so many Mustangs.

As far as DCX goes, lets see.... What choices of desireable cars do they have: Charger R/T, Magnum R/T, 300 C/M, Stratus R/T, Crossfire, SRT4 Neon.... and many others... Why is DCX a better company than Ford??? More desireable selections BY FAR!!! The buyers are spread out...

At least Pontiac gives the buyer a choice between the GTO, Grand Prix and Bonneville... All nice cars!

So when comparing numbers sold, people need to look at the numbers of vehicles built total vs the number sold total. Charger may not sell as many as Mustangs, but then again what choice does the Ford guy have vs what choice does the Mopar/DCX guy have???

Case dismissed!
What's up fellas? I'm new to the site but I've gone over a lot of different threads, and read through a lot of "Charger bashing" and this is by far one of the most intelligent entries. I am the proud owner of a Silver R/T and it is by far one of the most impressive cars I've driven.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome to the forum, BulletT00th. Glad you like your ride. Take some time and browse the thread, lots of info in them. Just skip over the obvious winers though. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
"After reading so many messages from "Trolls" and old Charger lovers regarding Charger sales I decided to make a few points.

1) DCX cannot build enough Chargers to meet demand. (Good and Bad)"

Why is DCX giving a $500.00 rebate on a new model if it can't build enough of them? The Charger will sell O.K. DC just needs to realize that in the that market Value is the key. Local dealers here have many unsold units on the lots.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Oldschool said:
"After reading so many messages from "Trolls" and old Charger lovers regarding Charger sales I decided to make a few points.

1) DCX cannot build enough Chargers to meet demand. (Good and Bad)"

Why is DCX giving a $500.00 rebate on a new model if it can't build enough of them? The Charger will sell O.K. DC just needs to realize that in the that market Value is the key. Local dealers here have many unsold units on the lots.
It's a courtesy rebate, due to the "employee pricing plus", if it wasn't selling they'd have a 5000.00 rebate going, like GM does...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Really, don't bash Ford. They have two good lines, the Mustang, and the Panther platform (Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis/Town Car).

When I picked the Charger, it was either that or the Grand Marquis, and that was a tough choice. I really wanted a car with a front bench and the interior still beats the pants off the Charger, no matter how outdated you might think it is.

However, the handling and newer technology won me over in the end. That, and the engine has a bit more power.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A bit more power? Thats an understatement. How about 116 more HP, huh?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts