Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an AMAZING event!!! 80+ acres of nothing but Mopars. If I remember correctly, it is THE LARGEST Mopar event in the nation. Next year's event is July 11-13, 2008.

Is there anyone from Hampton Roads, Richmond, NOVA/DC, etc. who is planning on going? If so, would anyone be interested in a convoy?

I know it's a ways away, but sometimes it's good to put in for your vacation well in advance. :D

Here's the "official" thread: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58614

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
My father in law said that it is too far away and that might be the week of the family reunion in SC, so I may be a no go, or a last minute lets go, lol. You just never know. Damn I rhymed a lot there.

PS since I'm kicking your butt in pickem, are you buying the beers for the next M&G???

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Hey Craig - More than likely I'll be there, not sure If I'll register or not though.

You pass right by me on your way if you take 301 to 1. We'll have to meet up for sure!

·
Registered
805 Posts
This Carlisle show is it larger and better than the Mopar Nationals in Columbus? I've been to the Mopar Nationals for 17 years, never been to the Carlisle show. Might be interested in the Carlisle show.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My father in law said that it is too far away and that might be the week of the family reunion in SC, so I may be a no go, or a last minute lets go, lol. You just never know. Damn I rhymed a lot there.

PS since I'm kicking your butt in pickem, are you buying the beers for the next M&G???
If you end up going at the last minute, I may have room for ya.

As far as the beer buying goes....I'm still waiting on you to buy for your wetting down. And don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch...I still have a few weeks left. :D

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This Carlisle show is it larger and better than the Mopar Nationals in Columbus? I've been to the Mopar Nationals for 17 years, never been to the Carlisle show. Might be interested in the Carlisle show.
I can't say for sure, since I've never been to the Mopar Nationals...although I'd love to go. What I've heard is that the Carlisle show is the largest Mopar show in the nation. Last year, if I remember correctly, there were over 3000 cars registered in the show...and the event covered over 82 acres...with all the cars, swap meet, vendors, etc.

I can say this...you will enjoy yourself at Carlisle.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Craig - More than likely I'll be there, not sure If I'll register or not though.

You pass right by me on your way if you take 301 to 1. We'll have to meet up for sure!
Definitely. We'll schedule a time and place to meet up.

As far as registering or not, it's actually cheaper to pay the show field registration fee than it is to pay for parking and entrance fees for all 3 days. Plus, I believe that you get entrance passes to all three days for 2 people with your registration. You don't have to have a "show" car to register. There were a number of people there last year who used the show field as a parking area.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I can say this...you will enjoy yourself at Carlisle.
And what if I don't, huh???

Thanks for the offer, we will see how the holidays pan out money wise and see if we can get a reservation once I find out about the reunion. I know my father in law wants to take his Crossfire up there, I just hope he wants to do more than a 1 day trip.

·
Registered
805 Posts
They sound pretty much the same, maybe someone who has gone to both can help out.

2006 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance –56,029 (Over 3 days)
Cars – 2893, Vendors 1993
2005 Mopar Nationals Results
Cars – 3155, Vendors 1989
2004 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance – 56793 (Over 3 days)
Cars – 3081, Vendors 1879
2003 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance – 48,373 (Over 3 days)
Cars 2931 (420 Drag Race Competitors)
Vendors 1754
2002 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance – 48,388 (Over 3 days)
Cars - 2936 (483 Drag Race Competitors)
Vendors - 1704
2001 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance – 48,938 (Over 3 days)
Cars - 2962 (502 Drag Race Competitors)
Vendors - 1666
2000 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance - 49,783 (over 3 days)
Cars - 2897 (437 Drag Race Entries)
Vendors - 1637
1999 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance - 48,928 (Over 3 days)
Cars - 2987 (642 Drag Race Entries)
Vendors - 1545

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And what if I don't, huh???
In your case, it'd be because you're a nimrod. :D

Thanks for the offer, we will see how the holidays pan out money wise and see if we can get a reservation once I find out about the reunion. I know my father in law wants to take his Crossfire up there, I just hope he wants to do more than a 1 day trip.
You know, you can go without your father-in-law. :tongue: Remeber, you have a place to stay...and the room rates are very reasonable.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That does sound about the same. I tried to find historical info from Carlisle, but no joy.

I seems to me that they are both "must see" events.

Next year, the Mopar Nationals are August 8-10 (and is posted on the HRME Calendar of events :D ).

They sound pretty much the same, maybe someone who has gone to both can help out.

2006 Mopar Nationals Results
Cars – 2893, Vendors 1993
2005 Mopar Nationals Results
Cars – 3155, Vendors 1989
2004 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance – 56793 (Over 3 days)
Cars – 3081, Vendors 1879
2003 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance – 48,373 (Over 3 days)
Cars 2931 (420 Drag Race Competitors)
Vendors 1754
2002 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance – 48,388 (Over 3 days)
Cars - 2936 (483 Drag Race Competitors)
Vendors - 1704
2001 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance – 48,938 (Over 3 days)
Cars - 2962 (502 Drag Race Competitors)
Vendors - 1666
2000 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance - 49,783 (over 3 days)
Cars - 2897 (437 Drag Race Entries)
Vendors - 1637
1999 Mopar Nationals Results
Attendance - 48,928 (Over 3 days)
Cars - 2987 (642 Drag Race Entries)
Vendors - 1545

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BUMP!!!

There's been some more info added to the "master" Carlisle thread (that's linked in the first post of this thread), so check it out if you get a chance and haven't already.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For those in, or near, the Hampton Roads area, if you are heading to Carlisle and would like to travel up together, let's start getting it planned.

zoomzoom1 and I have already talked about meeting up on I-81.

mywhitecharger...do you know for sure if you'll be able to go? If so, where would you like to meet up?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Craig - I'm in for sure!

The only thing that would stop me from coming is my pregnant wife. We're due August 7th so it shouldn't be an issue, but the possibility is there.

Will you fellas be coming up I-95 and headed up Rt. 202?

There are a few different places I can meet up with you. The rest stop on 95 just inside the DE line or somewhere on 202.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's my route to Carlisle from the Hampton Roads area:

I'll be heading up I-95, take the 495 loop around DC (to the West), take 270 to Frederick, take 70 to 81 (just outside of Hagerstown), and then take 81 in to Carlisle.

Anyone in Hampton Roads going and would like to drive up together?

Anyone going who is along that route and would like to meet up along the way and drive up together?

zoomzoom1, you want to plan on meeting up around Hagerstown?

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Craig - I'm in for sure!

The only thing that would stop me from coming is my pregnant wife. We're due August 7th so it shouldn't be an issue, but the possibility is there.

Will you fellas be coming up I-95 and headed up Rt. 202?

There are a few different places I can meet up with you. The rest stop on 95 just inside the DE line or somewhere on 202.
Sent ya an email, amigo.

We'll work something out.

So...you have a new Kasey Kahne fan on the way? CONGRATS!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
:twisted: maybe I can talk the wife into going and visiting her family that weekend they live in PA... (she needs to visit her family more often..) :) No hidden agendas or anything. :angel:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts