Charger Forums banner

CARiD Online Purchase Review

11K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Norm S 
#1 ·
After hearing about CARiD being under new management and finding that they have Coverkings custom sun shade that is custom cut to your car, I had to give them a try.

The shipping took forever though (UPS) I placed the order on July 18th and I didn't get the item until August 3rd. However, it did at least arrive and the custom sun shade fits perfectly in the windshield and does a significantly better job than the thin flimsy one I had before. Only problem I have with the sun shade is that since it is a perfect fit, it's not very compact even when you roll it up, it can still fit in the back pocket of the seat but it sticks up. Probably best to keep in the trunk or wedge between the seat and center console.

Regardless of the shipping, I recommend using these guys as long as you're not in a hurry to get the product. :beerchug:

#4 ·
Looking at the link of what I bought, all I see is that it takes 3 - 5 days to ship.

#3 ·
I ordered liners from them for my camaro. They would not ship without signature so I actually took the day off to get them (UPS by me is brutal sometimes).

Wrong one arrived...I got mats for a silverado. I had to return them and then wait for them to reship. Took over a month.....

#5 ·
I wasn't very happy with them on my first experience. Long story short, I found wheels I liked sold by them and another vendor. The second vendor had a better price. Carid advertises "Price Match"... Well, they wouldn't and gave me a lame excuse. I provided them with everything they asked for to do the price match but still wouldn't do it. In the end, I picked a different wheel and went with someone else.

Prop's to them for having an awesome website. But thats all I'm going to give them right now.

#7 ·
I'm in Richmond, Virginia.

Still love the product though! Thing is pretty awesome, I'll have to snag one for my girlfriend's new Dart.

#8 ·
Bought a few different things from CarID. Loved doing business with them...my only complaint was that it took a while to get an item that was backordered. Otherwise, it was super easy to deal with them. Plus, I think their website is pretty well designed and has a lot of options.

#9 ·
I've ordered in the past and had ordered recently from Carid. No complaints here! :D

On the other hand, I loathe anything I see coming to me via UPS as there's been an issue LITERALLY 100% of the time (with UPS specifically, no one else), and this is coming from having lived at 4 different addresses.

#11 ·
I just recently called carid to order rims for my car and the rep told me all the rims I was looking at didn't fit my car even though it stated they did on their website. I ended up going with a different company that was very helpful. The new rep sent me every wheel I was interested in, on my car so I would see how they looked ( another thing carid lacked.Their site lets you do that but only certain wheels). I ordered wheels from different site this past Thursday and they will be here this Thursday. Great price....great customer service...fast shipping.
Needless to say, I won't ever use carid.
Just my 2cents

#12 ·
Due to my recent experience...I'll never use this company. They (anyone answering the phone represents the company) lack knowledge when it comes to products. Whatever they tell you is worth double checking (at least when it comes to rims).

( maybe this post will been seen since I didn't give all the details I did the first time)

#13 ·
Agreed. I ordered 100 bucks worth of interior LED t replacement bulbs that were "a direct fit for my charger". Hogwash. Stay away. On another note.. I did order a CAI from them and they shipped it out very quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.