Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of a Silver Steel RT with a CBD hood?

I saw a post on here months back but i cant seem to find it.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Where this isnt exactly CBD, it gives you a rough what it will look like

Tom

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
carbon fiber is good for ONE thing. weight reduction

in all other cases. its not so hot lookin.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Here goes... Me being a born blond :) Why cant it be the same color as the car? Or is it better to not paint it?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Here goes... Me being a born blond :) Why cant it be the same color as the car? Or is it better to not paint it?
They can be painted the same color as the car but some people enjoy the look and/or the cost saving of not having to get it painted. I'm leaning towards one of these as I've heard quotes of $1Kplus to have a fiberglass hood painted and having my fenders blended so the paint matches.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I see :) Thank you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the posts guys. That silver SRT is by far my favorite car on here. (no offense to any members) The reason i'm looking for a CBD hood is while i was at a buddy's house, some idiot thought it would be fun to run across the hoods of parked cars. blahh. but anyways i wanted to just go carbon, seeing as a carbon hood is about 899.00 and a stock R/T hood was 952.00.

·
Registered
406 Posts
How big of a weight difference is there between the CF hood versus the stock hood, and would there be much improvement as far as performance is concerned? [I have a 2.7L] Any pics of CF on Inferno Red?

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
How big of a weight difference is there between the CF hood versus the stock hood, and would there be much improvement as far as performance is concerned? [I have a 2.7L] Any pics of CF on Inferno Red?
Stock RT hood: 25-26lbs
CBD Fiberglass hood: 22-25lbs
CBD Carbon Fiber hood: 20lbs
CBD Race Hood: 4-7lbs (racing only/all carbon fiber)

No diiference in performance, more cosmestic than anything. You would need to do a lot more weight reduction on other body panels to see a difference. The stock hoods are aluminum so already a light hood from the factory.

Can't remember who has the Inferno Red but here is a TorRed
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40470&highlight=hood

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Are those stock rims that have been powder coated?
That ride belongs to BOSChargerRT. No, according to his signature block they are 22" flat black SRT replicas.

KW V2, Hotchkis sways, CarbonbyDesign, BilletTech, 22" pc flat black replicas, Dunlop Maxx, ABG roof lip, cust Magnaflow exhst + highflow cats Blowinsmokeinc rear strut tower, GSM intake, Fact proj's/halo's, Ultimate Pedals, lwr "Charger" dr sill, lit "SRT 8" dr sill, 22elite lther, dayt grille, Blkout "Charger" emblem

1 - 20 of 22 Posts