Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up gang? My name is Mank and I'm launcing a new company called Blowin' Smoke Performance which will focus mainly on LX cars and others in the Mopar family. I am producing CF Hoods for the Charger and Magnum. They will be fiberglass with a CF overlay with the option of going 100% carbon fiber or just getting one in 100% fiberglass for paint. I'll be getting ten hoods made with asome being CF overlay and some 100% fiberglass. At the moment I dont know whether to do the Charger first or Magnum. Would rather do the Charger but more people have Magnums. The first hood and test fit will be done in 3 weeks, with the rest to follow shortly after.

I have to make a decision by Monday on which car to choose so let me hear it if you are interested in a hood. I'll also try to make one with a scoop some time down the road.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
too many horror stories with fiberglass hoods.... would rather have a steel hood with a functional ram air intake...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Horror stories?? About just a hood? Hell, I've got a whole fiberglass car! (actually, it's "sheet molded compound")

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
JSA 007 said:
Horror stories?? About just a hood? Hell, I've got a whole fiberglass car! (actually, it's "sheet molded compound")
yeah... but your car is all OEM factory... think aftermarket parts... :D

Fiberglass hoods can cost you a fortune to get the "waves" out of them so they are totally smooth... plus they never fit right the first time....

Like I said... to many horror stories....

If the molds are done correctly it will eliminate alot of problems.... but even with companies that have been around for a while like Keystone (good hoods) they can be a pain in the ass to make them fit and look like the should....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take a look at my 1G Stratus website in my signature. The carbon fiber hood on this car is almost 5 years old. There has been no issues with the hood or fitment and this was the 1st hood ever made for this vehicle. Once the first hood is made, it will be test fitted. The final product will not be released until quality and fit meet my approval. If all goes well with the fit, then 1 month until release.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am with DAYTONA_R/T. While I am sure the product will be acceptable I am waiting for the SRT hood.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Racer X said:
I am with DAYTONA_R/T. While I am sure the product will be acceptable I am waiting for the SRT hood.
Nothing is in stone yet, so I'll see about doing a scooped version instead. It would have to be fiberglass only to begin with and maybe permanently. Let ya know something tomorrow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Racer X said:
I am with the two of you on this one.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
How about something like this? Semi-functional.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
By, "semifunctional" are we to assume it's like the SRT hood, functioning to dump cold air into the engine bay, but not to feed the intake?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bstowers said:
Look very closely at it and then think about what I asked him for.
Yeah, its just a photochop to see what it could look like. What I mean by semi-functional is exactly what was said about the SRT-8 hood.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is a post about the Magnum Hood. Charger hoods will be offered the same way except will be available soon after.

I got the go ahead for the hoods. Four styles will be offered: OEM fiberglass, fiberglass w/ss scoop, OEM carbon fiber, and carbon fiber w/ss scoop. All CF hoods are available in blak, red, blue, yellow, and orange. Once it gets test fitted, it goes into production. First hood will be avialable in 3-4 weeks. They will be made with a new process called vacuum infusion which makes the hood stronger and lighter than a regular CF hood. For an additional cost, we may be able to do custom hoods with the scoop of your choice. I'll keep yall updated!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got the go ahead for the hoods. Four styles will be offered: OEM fiberglass, fiberglass w/ss scoop, OEM carbon fiber, and carbon fiber w/ss scoop. All CF hoods are available in blak, red, blue, yellow, and orange. Once it gets test fitted, it goes into production. First hood will be avialable in 3-4 weeks. They will be made with a new process called vacuum infusion which makes the hood stronger and lighter than a regular CF hood. For an additional cost, we may be able to do custom hoods with the scoop of your choice. I'll keep yall updated!
Ladies and Gentleducks,

Above is a post about Magnum hoods. The Magnum hood was going to be the first product for Blowin' Smoke Perferomance but the Charger hood will be available at the same time. The scoop is going to be SS style but it will be low profil for a stealthier look. Same options will be available so stay tuned for the test fit in two weeks. Look for the official announcement of BSE very soon. Rear sway and a lambo kit will come soon after.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts