Charger Forums banner

Paint a carbon fiber hood for a Daytona?

• Paint it! (color?)

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Don't paint it! (rock the cf)

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Custom combo (paint and rock the cf)

Votes: 14 46.7%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to purchase a carbon fiber hood for my TorRed Daytona but can not seem to decide whether or not I should have it painted or just leave it as is with the carbon fiber showing. For those of you that think I should paint it, what color?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Leave the stock black part of the daytona hood CF and paint the rest.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Leave the stock black part of the daytona hood CF and paint the rest.
X2 I've always thought about that look, to the point it makes me with I had a Torred Daytona to it on. Are you going OEM, or SRT hood? I'd go SRT paint it like the daytona, and have 5.7L Hemi on each side of the scoop in red.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i have a blacked out srt8 hood on my silversteel........it looks awesome! and i get tons of looks and compliments.

i would keep it carbon fiber and purchase the b and c pillars as well to match the look. it would look badazz! but in the end...do what you think looks badazz.

my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Its an aftermarket SRT8 hood......looks exactly like the OEM hood. Not sure if that sways the vote at all in either direction.

Good question NOLAchargerRT

That sounds similar to the idea that I have been kicking around. Leave stock Daytona portion of the hood carbon fiber and paint the rest to match the body and put "HEMI" on sides of the hood scoop.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Its an aftermarket SRT8 hood......looks exactly like the OEM hood. Not sure if that sways the vote at all in either direction.

Good question NOLAchargerRT

That sounds similar to the idea that I have been kicking around. Leave stock Daytona portion of the hood carbon fiber and paint the rest to match the body and put "HEMI" on sides of the hood scoop.
Thats the way I'd go, now i wanna trade my R/T and get a Sublime and do the same, but include a CF trunk and have it the same paint scheme as the daytona rear end.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats the way I'd go, now i wanna trade my R/T and get a Sublime and do the same, but include a CF trunk and have it the same paint scheme as the daytona rear end.
I am still on the fence on doing the CF trunk. Unless of course I get a really good price on it.
(hint hint vendors) :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am still on the fence on doing the CF trunk. Unless of course I get a really good price on it.
(hint hint vendors) :lol:
I hear ya! The trunks are nearly as much as hoods. if we get a combo going to 1500 shipped I bet a good amount of people would jump onto it.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I've seen some CF painted with what looks like a colored clear coat. You get the color but the CF pattern shows through. It looked pretty trick.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
k check this idea... paint it but leave it carbon fiber where the decal would go... so it looks kind of like a carbon fiber decal...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have too been thinking of going this route and I would keep the center scoop Carbon Fiber and put TorRed on the rest of the hood. Might have to do some modifications to the other decals to tie in the carbon fiber theme. If it looks dumb then just have the CF portion painted flat back, so your back to the Daytona theme with maybe just HEMI letters taped off so that shows through as CF.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am really feeling the combo custom idea. Here is a pic of something similar to what everyone is talking about. It is a pic from a car at SEMA this year, not sure who it belongs to.

fyi - I will not be doing the lime green color. :sad:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts