Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we build a collection of images here showing different Daytonas with SRT/Ram-air hoods that are either painted black or unpainted carbon fiber?

I've seen some good shots of hoods painted to match the body (there's one on page two of this forum of a nice Torred), but nothing where its black.

Obviously, from my point of view, Mango Daytona pics are preferred, but I enthusiastically welcome Nanners, Torreds, Limeys, and Plums so that other forum users can benefit from this thread.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so nobody has done this?
That's a shame.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Here you go...don't have one with the new wheels yet...

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Here you go...don't have one with the new wheels yet...

throw the word HEMI in body match Sublime color vinyl and its complete!!

Looks sweet Dave
Tom

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
throw the word HEMI in body match Sublime color vinyl and its complete!!

Looks sweet Dave
Tom
You know, I'm just not sure how I feel about this hood.... I thank you sincerely for posting this pic because I was seriously considering getting this hood and leaving it carbon fiber, so if you have any more pics they would be most appreciated! I agree with Tom in that SubLime decals would really set this hood off. I think a decal shaped just like the stock one on our hoods---only painted in SubLime instead of flat black---would look sick on this hood. But if you decide not to go that far, I definitely think some SubLime decals are in order though. Please keep us posted with more pics, as it would certainly help people like myself make a decision!

-Pat

P.S. How come you didn't get the matching trunk lid? Any special reason?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Now see I think that is sick!!! I love the carbon fiber look, but I'm just not so sure I like the WHOLE HOOD in carbon fiber.... just looks like it doesn't fit well with the car. But this hood is great! Not knockin ur choice at all by any means because the all carbon fiber look is a popular one and I almost did that myself. But this is exactly what I'd have in mind for my own choice...
TurboBuckeye, what did that whole set up cost you? The hood, shipping, paint, and installation? And if you did it yourself, any idea what it would cost to get done? Thanks!

-Pat

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here's mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
You know, I'm just not sure how I feel about this hood.... I thank you sincerely for posting this pic because I was seriously considering getting this hood and leaving it carbon fiber, so if you have any more pics they would be most appreciated! I agree with Tom in that SubLime decals would really set this hood off. I think a decal shaped just like the stock one on our hoods---only painted in SubLime instead of flat black---would look sick on this hood. But if you decide not to go that far, I definitely think some SubLime decals are in order though. Please keep us posted with more pics, as it would certainly help people like myself make a decision!

-Pat

P.S. How come you didn't get the matching trunk lid? Any special reason?
Funds!:grin:

And a "custom" decal design is being considered...at the very least, I make go SRT style in sublime green.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Now see I think that is sick!!! I love the carbon fiber look, but I'm just not so sure I like the WHOLE HOOD in carbon fiber.... just looks like it doesn't fit well with the car. But this hood is great! Not knockin ur choice at all by any means because the all carbon fiber look is a popular one and I almost did that myself. But this is exactly what I'd have in mind for my own choice...
TurboBuckeye, what did that whole set up cost you? The hood, shipping, paint, and installation? And if you did it yourself, any idea what it would cost to get done? Thanks!

-Pat
Thanks a lot!!! :)
Originally I did not think the all carbon fiber hood look would fit with the Charger so I had the custom paintwork done. (Not knocking the guys with all carbon fiber hoods, I just had a specific vision in mind) I wanted it to look almost stock but to a true LX fan they would know something is custom about it. From a distance people think it is just an SRT hood, then they see it up close and see the carbon fiber.

The hood is from CarbonByDesign and I had the custom paintwork done by a friend and fellow LX owner that has his own body shop here in town. I purchased the SRT ducting and insulator pad which is not absolutely necessary although IMO it finishes off the underside. There is no paint on the underside of the hood, it was left black.

Going from memory hood was around $1000 shipped, paintwork $500, SRT ducting $100-150 and installed on my own.

p.s. The matching trunk is on the mod list of things to add too.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Here's the satin black SRT hood on my Daytona:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for posting everyone. Some the creativity evident in these pictures is impressive and has really given me some ideas.

BTW, ducvw2004, what're those decals you've got on your rear haunches?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Here you go..

Here is where I was dry fitting the TruFiber Gen. 1 hood.. I really need to update the thread regarding when I'll be getting the Gen. 2 hood. Most of the pictures died for some reason, but you get the basic idea, right? :)

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41841

-R

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Here's the satin black SRT hood on my Daytona:

This is by far my favorite Charger...period.

When I saw this thread and the original poster mentioned that he hadn't seen a Daytona with a Black hood. This exact picture popped in my head. I would have copied you when I upgraded from a v6 to HEMI but my local dealer wasn't budging on the "TORRED LIMITED EDITION CHARGER."

Funny though, he was more flexible on the Top Banana.

·
Registered
3 Posts
WHat colors are the paint on that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts